Main Menu

ANOTHER DREDD PHOTO

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 December, 2011, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emperor on 19 December, 2011, 05:18:33 AM
I like the idea that the Mods are more in the know than anyone else, but Molch-R knows more about it because he is Rebellion's PR droid (and because he is very tall and can see over medium-height walls).

and toilet cubicles.

mogzilla

you asked him to peek you slut! ;)

CraveNoir

Just to say the new Empire photo is on page 75 and is tiny -- about an inch by an inch and a half. The short blurb mentions Dodd Mantle's use of negative space and extreme close ups. Nothing else new.

The new Total Film has a page on Dredd (page 76), with a photo that Empire used a few months ago.

The Sherman Kid

Total Film have issued online the top 49 films that will define 2012.Included amongst the quality  such gems as The Phantom Menace 3d, Men in Black 3 ,Expendables 2,The Muppets and Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists make the list ??!Dredd is no where to be seen.

Whoever is in charge for publicity for Dredd is either asleep or dead at the wheel.

Danbo

Feels like it's getting that way  ::) If it wasn't for Empire doing their job for them we would have nothing other than unfaltering spy shots....at least get a website together with wallpaper,bio's and a production blog or something.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Molch-R

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 22 December, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
Whoever is in charge for publicity for Dredd is either asleep or dead at the wheel.

Or biding their time so that things hit with a bang. Geez, fellas - will you give it a break?!

JOE SOAP

Some people never learn Molch. Considering the absolute bombardment of trailers and photos for next years big films, that have been flooding the web over the last week, releasing any Dredd stuff would most likely result in making less of an impact.

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 22 December, 2011, 02:25:00 PM
If it wasn't for Empire doing their job for them we would have nothing other than unfaltering spy shots

and who do you think allowed/arranged those shots to appear in Empire?

Danbo

Not even a Facebook page? Its the little things like that,that are missing.
Not all films come with a built in audience,the could be doing more and it's not a crime if some posters want a little more.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

We all want more but is first quarter of next year not soon enough?

QuoteNot all films come with a built in audience

Relatively few films come with a built-in audience -most films are original scripts not adapted from properties or sequels- so Dredd marketing is perfectly fine starting in Spring for a September release.

Molch-R

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 22 December, 2011, 06:41:29 PM
the could be doing more and it's not a crime if some posters want a little more.

No-one's suggesting it is, you're perfectly entitled to *want* more. But all I'm suggesting is that you'll enjoy the build-up more if you cool your heels and stop insisting all is already lost when we're still nine months away from the first screening.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I agree with what a lot of people seem to be saying here. It seems this week all the big summer block busters have released trailers, but they have been hyping before that with social pages and the like. Dredd really need to start building an audience outside the initial fanbase if it's going to want to open well.

Prometheus had trailers for it's trailer for pete's sake!

Molch-R

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 December, 2011, 07:37:06 PM
I agree with what a lot of people seem to be saying here. It seems this week all the big summer block busters have released trailers, but they have been hyping before that with social pages and the like. Dredd really need to start building an audience outside the initial fanbase if it's going to want to open well.

Don't confuse what massive blockbusters with pre-established built-in audiences are doing with what Lionsgate should be doing. You don't 'build an audience' with a Facebook page nine months in advance, you just talk to the same people already expecting the film. You also don't release a trailer or lots of publicity for a mid-range film at the same time as massive franchises like Batman are doing their publicity. Guaranteed way to get ignored.

And using the example of Prometheus is comparing apples and organes, really. Ridley Scott's Alien prequel vs a reboot of a British comic book character that had a crap 1994 film made about it?

JOE SOAP

It's out a lot sooner and Dredd couldn't hope to compete with the sheer amount of big-studio PR in the past week or so.

JOE SOAP

I agree with what a lot of people seem to be saying here. It seems this week all the big summer block busters have released trailers, but they have been hyping before that with social pages and the like

Dredd's not a Summer block-buster and not all those films had offcial web-pages until recently.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am not saying it should be releasing trailers now as it would have a tough time competing, but setting these sites up would be a good idea, they seemed to have benefited movies recently.

I know for sure batman and prometheus have had social sites for months.

There is a lot of people who have never heard of Judge Dredd, even the stallone one, so they need something to know he exists, like a teaser trailer, then they become interested. I think the earlier that starts to happen the better.

Take the recent film 'Drive' that was by no means a major blockbuster but it opened really well due to hype on the internet and and gained a cult following.