Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 01 November, 2010, 10:13:09 AM
I think I finished the last mission last night- the one were the [spoiler]army attack your house [/spoiler] and you get [spoiler]shot and then buried [/spoiler] and then [spoiler]aren't really dead but have a different style beard.[/spoiler]
Curiously I also finished it last night. I've been putting it off for ages and as I'm sure you really know RAC [spoiler]you end up playing your son Jack a few years later.[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

Quoteand as I'm sure you really know RAC you end up [spoiler]playing your son Jack a few years later. [/spoiler]

Yeah- I 'figured it out' after looking it up on the web! I didn't notice the [spoiler]dates on the gravestones...[/spoiler]

Keef Monkey

Just got the Undead Nightmare pack, looking forward to giving it a try. I've blown my own trumpet on this plenty, but I worked on RDR (parp) but this I didn't. Means it'll be a Red Dead experience I can sit down and play fresh, as a gamer and enjoy just the same as everyone else (without it feeling like overtime), which I'm quite excited about.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 03 November, 2010, 06:16:43 PM
Just got the Undead Nightmare pack, looking forward to giving it a try. I've blown my own trumpet on this plenty, but I worked on RDR (parp) but this I didn't. Means it'll be a Red Dead experience I can sit down and play fresh, as a gamer and enjoy just the same as everyone else (without it feeling like overtime), which I'm quite excited about.

Finally got round to downloading this a couple of nights ago, and got to play it last night.
It straddles the line between funny and genuinely scary perfectly!

Devons Daddy

bought it on disc, as my hard drive is almost full,
wrapped and put it under the tree, as i cant trust myself not to play with it else,

good to hear its great upgrade.
looking forward to christmas
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Keef Monkey

Yeah, really enjoyed it! I particularly like that they've gone for the 'headshots the only true stopper' school of zombie thought, you can blast away at their bodies for an age but if you don't take the head off they keep on coming. I generally play RDR without any aim assists and it can get pretty tense when they're all bearing down on you, dead eye really comes into its own.

Pete Wells

Glad to hear it's good as it's under my Chrimbo tree too. I adored RDD, possibly my favourite game ever (that isn't in the Half Life series anyway!)

Mardroid

Is it extra levels to the game or do they effectively zombify the current game? By that I mean, do they add zombies into the current levels and/or creating zombie versions of current threats?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mardroid on 04 December, 2010, 12:07:22 AM
Is it extra levels to the game or do they effectively zombify the current game? By that I mean, do they add zombies into the current levels and/or creating zombie versions of current threats?

It's a completely new game, with a new storyline and new encounters and tasks.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 December, 2010, 08:52:18 AM

Yeah, if you played either of the GTAIV episodes that's pretty much the scale to expect. Same map, all new missions and storyline with a few hours game time even ignoring the side activities and new achievements. I honestly don't think anyone does dlc with the kind of value that Rockstar do.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 06 December, 2010, 02:01:03 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 December, 2010, 08:52:18 AM

Yeah, if you played either of the GTAIV episodes that's pretty much the scale to expect. Same map, all new missions and storyline with a few hours game time even ignoring the side activities and new achievements. I honestly don't think anyone does dlc with the kind of value that Rockstar do.

I've been playing for a week or so already, and have only got as far as Thieves Landing.
Finished the [spoiler]clearing out the town[/spoiler] mission there last night, and by god it's stressful!

Steve Green

I didn't play RDR - I didn't have the time to invest in it, but picked up Undead Nightmare a couple of days ago.

It has a great sense of atmosphere, I've been loving it so far.

willthemightyW

I take it as the undead nightmare pack has just come out that everyone is playing it again, which is good news for me as I'm just about to get RDR and was worried that no one would go online with me.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Steve Green

Just seem to have got stuck with no more missions available and the bridges to the south still down.

Looking at mission lists, there should be one available at Fort Mercer (missing souls?) where there is a guy posting a missing persons poster, but it hasn't showed up yet...

Even tried starting a new game, and playing through to Fort Mercer again, but nothing.

Any RDR players have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 December, 2010, 04:50:53 PM
Just seem to have got stuck with no more missions available and the bridges to the south still down.

Looking at mission lists, there should be one available at Fort Mercer (missing souls?) where there is a guy posting a missing persons poster, but it hasn't showed up yet...

Even tried starting a new game, and playing through to Fort Mercer again, but nothing.

Any RDR players have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

In Undead Nightmare? Sounds like you've got to the timed mission, there's one point where (probably not even a spoiler) [spoiler]West Dickens says he's going to make arrangements to go to Mexico, after that point it's a few game days before his mission blip appears again. Meeting up with him at that point unlocks the Mexico strand.[/spoiler]

It's a case of either doing the lost soul side missions in the meantime or just saving repeatedly to progress time. I've never been a fan of the timed stuff, but I can see why they do it as it prompts you to mess around with the side activities. Hope that helps!