Main Menu

Any more 2000Ad inspired/related games.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 15 November, 2007, 12:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I'm just wondering if there are any more 2000AD games ( Like 'Dredd vs Death' and 'Rogue Trooper'.) on the horizon/being planned?

Pete Wells

As far as I know there have been no announcements from Rebellion. However, Pete takes a deep breath 'cos he's about to fess up something really embarrassing that he'll undoubtedly regret, being an immature, geeky nerd, when I'm playing other games I often pretend it stars a 2000ad character!

Examples you say? Well, Prince of Persia, that was Nikolai Dante! Crysis? Nah, I was an amazing Mandroid game! Timeshift? Don't make me laugh, I was Jonny Alpha throwing my time bombs about.

Anymore, or am I the only saddo?

vzzbux

Had anyone got a list of every 2k related game that has ever been released, from the old speccy's and commodor's up to the present date.

I know there have been a few. Dredd, rogue, cancelled Anderson and think a Stront.

so the challenge is a full title of the games and the formats they were released. The first one that comes up with it cant have Christmas Day off work.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Cthulouis

My brother and I would often design the characters in unreal tournament to be vaugely close to various characters from 2000ad and Doctor Who and the like, leading to such fights as Shakara v. Absolom Daak.

Also.... (knows how Pete felt when he took that deep breath)

I used to have a pokemon team themed and named after the ABC Warriors.  

Noisybast

My crimes:

* Made a Judge Dredd skin for the original Quake.
* Made Rogue trooper skins for Quake II (Rogue, Fr1day and Venus for multiplay).
* Made a handful of Strontium Dog models for an Unreal Tournament mod that never really got off the ground.

I'm still harbouring urges to make all sorts of 2000AD-related goodness when I can find the time/motivation.

And... breathe out.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pete Wells

Hooray! It's not just me then!

Perhaps GRennie can write a Dredd story about us! :)

Pyroxian

Here's a list of the retro titles:

8-bit
2 Strontium Dog games
Judge Dredd
Rogue Trooper
Slaine
Nemesis the Warlock

16-bit
Judge Dredd
Rogue Trooper

Playstation
Judge Dredd - Lightgun shooter

There were also a couple of arcade Judge Dredd games - one a scrolling beat 'em up and one a lightgun shooter based on the Playstation game (although I'm not sure if that ever got released - I remember playing the prototype up at Gremlin though)

Steve

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=news&page=features&choice=retrogames" target="_blank">2000ad games

Leigh S

Theres also some kind of handheld game that came out about the same time as the film I think, but Ive never seen one

ThryllSeekyr

Well, any of the GTA Games. Espeically the  later ones like San Andreas.

In that game you could be any of the main 2000AD characters. The mostly normal or human looking ones anyway.

I sometimes play Dredd Vs Death and Rogue Trooper pretending that even they are other 2000AD characters

Also I been imaineing hat Judge dred or even Slaine online game might be like after sampling the free trial on WOW, Star War galaxies and Dark Age of Camelot. They could each learn something from each other as they all have something offer while lacking a few things prsent in their counterparts.

Adrian Bamforth

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6f/250px-BloodRayne.jpg">

jock

is there any reason i'm getting emailed every response to this thread?? wake?

satchmo

I've never heard of the 16 bit Rogue Trooper game, is it any good?

ThryllSeekyr

Never played any of those earlier games and I'm not sure if that 'Blood Rayne' game counts unless your pretending she's Durnam Red.

BTW, has anyone played the 'Monster's Game'( Where you choose to play a bad guy after leveling your good guy character beyond tenth level.) on 'Lord of the Rings' 'Shadows of Angmar' ( Another online rpg.)

It's like giant RTS game set in the Ettenmoors part of the map.

Pete Wells

Hi Jock!

Love your work, sorry to hear your inbox is being filled with this drivel!

Pete.

P.S. Where's me Commission? :P

ukdane

Jock,
You will be emailed posts to this thread if you've (accidentally) hit the "Watch this thread" button at the top of the page. It'll now read something along the lines of "Unwatch this thread", or "Unsubscrube to this thread". Press it again, to stop getting the emails.
Cheers

-Daney