Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

This is when the partwork model totally comes into its own -  I was probably never going to check out Brutania Chronicles, based on some of what I'd heard about how dissapointing it gets. 4 volumes, at £16.99 each, for something I might not enjoy? Nah. But just 2 volumes, for only £10 each? Okay, might as well.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

I remember one of the women at WH Smith's saying the Dredd books were expensive.  I wonder if she had ever seen the price of some of the standard print run graphic novels from DC, Rebellion or Marvel at times.  You can easily pay a lot more for a softcover.

I know when it came to the Mass Effect and Dragon Age graphic novel series I waited for the big deluxe editions.  The last one I got, Dragon Age Volume 2 was £25 but that was for a deluxe edition HC, the equivalent in Mass Effect are going for silly money now due to limited print runs, but even standard graphic novel prices can be a bit over the top nowadays.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Holy Shit is Dante amazing. Just wow; that was some absolutely top quality comics. Glad I skipped A Farewell To Arms in the recent Sci-fi special, that was intense and I can't imagine that having the same impact out of context. What a really odd choice for the special too, I can understand why they wanted some Dante in there but surely there were some more suitable one-offs from earlier in the run?

Can't wait for the conclusion in 2 months time.

James Stacey

Dante only gets better and better

IndigoPrime

Mm. I get A Farewell To Arms as an important moment, but it felt like the sole mis-step in that special: a massive spoiler for anyone who'd not yet read Dante, and an out-of-context single parter for those who had.

Colin YNWA

I often wonder how Dante would be reflected upon if it'd been a series from Image or Vertigo or whatever. Assuming it survived - which you gotta wonder - I think it would now be lauded far and wide. Its so good and perfect comics meladrama.

IndigoPrime

If it was Image, we'd have got those lovely deluxe HCs. I really wish there was a market for that kind of thing from Rebellion.

levers

No Dante book at Forbidden Planet yet. I have an online order set up for it and have been charged but showing as not in stock.

IndigoPrime

Be mindful FP has had problems with Hachette due to relying on Diamond. You might want to source elsewhere, unless they're currently open and confirmed to be receiving stock again.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: levers on 09 July, 2020, 12:35:17 PM
No Dante book at Forbidden Planet yet. I have an online order set up for it and have been charged but showing as not in stock.

I'm the same no email to say the payment was taken either😡

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 July, 2020, 01:46:16 PM
Be mindful FP has had problems with Hachette due to relying on Diamond. You might want to source elsewhere, unless they're currently open and confirmed to be receiving stock again.

I hope there won't be an issue as I've been really looking forward to this as I've never read the later stages of The Dante story and don't want to end up paying over the odds on eBay 😡 to complete the saga
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Which issue do you need? 74 (Dante #8) is currently in stock on the Hachette website. (The next issue before that which is still in stock: 44!)

Trooper McFad

It's 8 I need and noticed that it was only "released" on the 8th so I hope FP are still in the process of posting out. I have Savage & Dante 9 pre-ordered as well from FP so 🤞🏻.
I bit of communication would be reassuring though.
It looks like FP are only doing pre orders for the Ultimate Collection as when I search the online site that's all that comes up. So the don't seem to have any back stock.

IndigoPrime

Honestly, I'd buy from Hachette. At least you'll definitely get a book. At the very least, call FP. They never sent my TF book.

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the advice and I'm leaning to your advice. I have checked my online account and the order status is waiting to be dispatched!
I'll give them till tomorrow lunch then call them 🤞🏻The HC site isn't sold out by then if it's not been dispatched

Colin YNWA

Got my dispatch notice from Forbidden Planet for the 8th Dante volume - 1 to go - very excited! Then Red Seas!