Main Menu

Write your own Mega epic

Started by Steamboy, 30 September, 2003, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamboy

I'm really hanging out for a new Dredd mega epic, you know abot 30 or 40 progs long.  Now i know Wagners not doing Dredd for a while so maybe he's off writting one now(fingers crossed) but I thought we all might be able to start one ourselves, not really write, more just fill this thread with idea's.
Plenty of unresolved plot threads hanging out there I wouldnt mind seeing the resolution over the new Mega City 2, gotta have all the usuals-Dredd taken out of action,city in ruins,tonnes of dead judges, maybee a new American civil war....the Epic could be used to resolve the Dredd age question(when will he die,become Chief Judge, long walk?) and bring the new Rico to the forfront of the Dredd universe. Anyone else got any Ideas for a new Mega Epic?

Jeeze I hope that all makes sense
Krestel

Devons Daddy

it makes sense

the problem with the epics was to much of the same old same old.high body counts,mega city one detroyed and so on.

until we had the pit. which was awsome!

i would suggest rico/joe teaming up for department sanctioned and directed search into curroption at all levels,
joe and rico with the two of them needing each other.
the youth verus against experience.
this could also lend more to dredds doubts in the system he upholds showing the cracks.
also opening ricos eyes to the all that he must oppose to be worthy of the Badge.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Steamboy

I loved the pit definate high point, maybe find a reason to put Dredd in charge of the City ala Pit and have young Rico out kicking heads, maybe rescuing the Chief Judge from said external agressors while Dredd deals with Mega City one minus its Chief Judge....kind of cross The Pit with The Apocalypse War, sure its just blaging two of the best epics together but we could keep both violence hounds and plot hounds happy that way.
Any way you look at it i really want a monster story I can sink my teeth into(30+ parts)....
CU  Krestel

ukdane

I think it's time for a mega-mega epic too. One that will shake up the Judges World- the scale of Apocalypse War or Necropolis- but with an even bigger longer lasting effect.

I don't mind if it's Wagner or Rennie that writes- although I would prefer that one artist is kept on the job, and that it only run in 2000ad.

I like the idea of something that will wipe out the PSI's, and IIRC Rennie's fond of this idea too. Afterall, 99% of the time they're only effective if it helps move the plot along- so getting rid of them, could have the effect of making other situations a little harder to escape from.
Cheers

-Daney

Woolly

'i would suggest rico/joe teaming up for department sanctioned and directed search into curroption at all levels,
joe and rico with the two of them needing each other.
the youth verus against experience.
this could also lend more to dredds doubts in the system he upholds showing the cracks.
also opening ricos eyes to the all that he must oppose to be worthy of the Badge.'

Like that! Rico can be inspired by Joe's authority and experience, and Joe can have his belief in the law and justice dept strengthened by the fact that they have finally made a Dredd clone that isnt evil/mental.

Or how about a story that ends with a full body transplant, like what Bennet Beeny has in America, only with Joes brain in Rico's body. Lets say Rico gets a fatal shot through the head, They have a brain swap and hey presto!- Dredd's young again!

And as for Psi div?
Get rid of 'em! theyre crap!
More SJS nastyness and Vatican judges please!

pauljholden

Vatican Judges?

Judge Pope!? Stop or I'll make you feel really, really, guilty.

Most catholic thing I've ever seen: The pope blessing the 1970s irish football thing.

-pj
(rambling)

Steamboy

ja good idea kill the PSI, they do so much behind the scene's to wipe em all would result in absolute chaos in mega city. Defenetly needs to resolve the Dredd age problem though...
Krestel

WoD

I'd put this up before somewhere on the board

"My idea is a completely seperate city in Wales (Cymru-Cit?) where the majority of the people live underground and (some of) the judges fly around on the back of (genetically engineered) dragons with whom they share psi-pyro-technic abilities.

The land is seperated from brit-cit by a wall of fire that runs down the line of the old severn river. The fire started as a result of the various dumped waste and nuclear wars, but is now (secretely) maintained by the welsh judges as in a 'cooler' form of the megs big walls.

There is a constant threat to the populace from the Pwwca (pronounced Pucca, as in Pwwca-Trywen) who tend to live in and around the old slate mines in North Wales, but are making bolder attacks on the various city blocks.

After the next major disaster in the big meg (there is bound to be one) the meg-jugdes decide that they need to expand the living spaces below ground and send a technical-diplomatic team to Cymru-Cit to learn about their advanced mining technology. But the real reason is to try and find out more about the surmised sybiotic relationship that some of the judges have with the dragons. (this is after a spate of suspicious fire-related incidents in the meg (a result of a criminal element from cymru-cit who have managed to replicate a form of the psi-pyro ability)).

This all links up with a major attack from the Pwwca that could have a major affect on not just cymru-cit's future but that of the world as well. And it just so happens that JD is on hand to work alongside a Cymru Judge or two to save the world (and they all live happily ever after).

Or something like that anyway....

Does this count as a submission??"

WoD

Mr C

Dredd & Rico investigate citizens reports of Judges comitting crimes similar to the original Rico: Extortion rackets, black marketeering etc.
The further they go into investigating, the more Dredd begins to suspect young Rico in being involved. They go higher and higher into the ranks of the Justice Department, busting Judges that Dredd has known for years. Clues all seem to lead to the Chief Judge being behind this secret world of Judge corruption. Dredd loses more and more confidence in the system, Judges around him begin to treat him with less and less respect and to top it all off, he's put under investigation by the SJS.
Realising that he has to root out the corruption by stealth, he joins forces with a group of Dems that have been cataloguing the crimes of the Judges. He finally finds the piece of evidence that leads back to the Judge in control of the syndicate, the head Psi judge who's been mentally manipulating Dredd into trusting him.
Big shootout, Dredd kills the Psi Judge and his cronies, Dredd apologises to Rico who has proved himself a good Judge, Psi division gets shut down, renegade Psi Judges can now crop up in future plots.
Oh, and keep Anderson.

Dudley

Isn't mental manipulation of Dredd an Omnitron?

Krustabi

Psi-Div and other key judges rebel against Hershey after some blunder(Botched raid on the MC-1 central banking system means some kind of economic disaster) Dredd is impartial, firstly tries to keep the cits safe from huge Judge wars between those loyal to Hershey(i.e Giant & SJS) and "Rebels". Second half sees Dredd bringing external help from Brit-Cit, Oz, Texas City etc. Hershey dies, ringleaders from both sides sent to Titan, Dredd temporary Chief Judge, the End

GordonR

>>Isn't mental manipulation of Dredd an Omnitron?

If that means 'cheesy over-convenient plot device', then yes.

Turning Dredd into your villain's psi-controlled puppet would, I think, be a major mistake.

Tex Hex

Dredd dets shrunk by experimental Omnitron and has to traverse the city to be returned to full size! Traversing great valleys in the folds fatties! Getting swept up by service droids! What a ripping adventure! Dredd vs. Land of Giants!

Dudley

Dredd dets shrunk by experimental Omnitron and has to traverse the city to be returned to full size! Traversing great valleys in the folds fatties! Getting swept up by service droids! What a ripping adventure! Dredd vs. Land of Giants!

I know you're joking, but - you know what?  I really like this idea.

Krustabi

Considering Judge Death's new resolve to look at the bigger picture in terms of killing everyone and everything, couldn't we see him commandeering some sort of lost Sov-blok nuclear stockpile and attacking MC-1. In all the carnage Fear, Fire and Mortis escape but turn against Death for neglecting them. Climax in Deadworld as Dredd gets caught up in their infighting.