Main Menu

Off topic threads

Started by Wake, 10 February, 2005, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Still taking an age to load I'm afraid. i'm not sure thsi one is quite ready for prime time :-)

Definately heading in the right direction though, IMHO.

Wake

I've switched the default back to the summary view while I tinker a bit more (not tonight). The separate category view can be accessed by typing /bbsorder 3 in the chat room

Cheers,

Wake

Art

How about a layout sort of like this?http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/layout.gif">

Carlsborg Expert.

I was looking for an on-topic for a feed question this morning and all I could really opt for was, HELP!

I think there needs to be a lot more diversity in your on-topic subjects.Charactors;Storylines;Covers;Artists;Films/TV
so on,then....Off-topic.

just a suggestion/thought Id get it in early so it can slide off,unless the feedback is for arts suggestion.

Wake

That looks pretty nice and would be easy enough to do, but I think the problem would be that most of the categories would require quite a bit of scrolling to reach, which was the main argument against the design with off-topic segregated.

Cheers,

Wake

ukdane

Wake,
What about taking Art's idea, but on the right hand side of the subject heading, there is a minimise/maximise button.... All subjects are minimised by default.
Cheers

-Daney

Wake

I've just solved the download problem with the category version, with the only downside being that unused categories are not displayed at all.

If you don't like the new front end (which is primarily aimed at newbies I guess) then type /bbsorder 3 in the database chat room to go back to the old version

Wake

Wake

You can also go back to the old view on a once only basis by viewing the summary of teh last 7 days.

Cheers,

Wake

longmanshort

If you don't like the new front end (which is primarily aimed at newbies I guess) then type /bbsorder 3 in the database chat room to go back to the old version

Which I've done, but surely the default should be the old layout? Then if you want it any other way you can change it quite easily. From the comments made on the various threads it appears (to me at least) that the majority of us prefer the board the way it is. By all means, give the dissatisifed a way to change the way that they view the board but if I was a newcomer to the board I'd run a mile at the site of that new layout!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Devons Daddy

stroke of genuis this new format wake
WELL DONE.
thanks for the hard work.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

House of Usher

Okay, I've typed /bbsorder 3 in the chat room and got the old message board format back. Thanks for advice, lads.
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

I'm with the lanky fool- it looks (and I'm sorry to say it) shit.  IMHO.

Sorry.

Let the whiners change their view if they want.  Actually, I don't give a toss.  I'm viewing it the old fashioned way now, so I can do a Scojo and say 'I told you so' when nobody new bothers with the place...

;)
Pffft...

Wils

bbsorder 3 doesn't get it back to normal on a Mac, btw. :(

Bhuna

Not too keen on it tbh Wake.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress