Main Menu

Sector 13 - Belfast Based Fanzine

Started by Splank!, 14 May, 2017, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

super stuff Bolt....your work serves as both an inspiration and a delight to us in Belfast. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

£6.50?  That's almost the price of a pint etc

ZenArcade

Bear, if you happen to be in Belfast £4.00, the £6.50 is inc postage.  it's a weighty tome: 36 A4 pages on good , robust, glossy paper. z

Bolt-01

..and guess what was waiting for me when I got home? A big ol' fanzine with a beardy Judge on the front cover.

Contents wise this is more varied than the first issue, with there being a couple of FShocks and a Strontium Dog strip in there and you can see that all involved learned a lot from the first issue.

ZenArcade

Bolt-01

It very much was- the opening photo-strip was really ambitious and I think it works well. There was some very clever photo manipulation on show and I really enjoyed the plot.

The first of the two Futureshocks as well was really good also, and for once I was left thinking after reading it. There aren't many FShocks that do that for me, these days after 12 years of FutureQuake...

It's great for me to have a fanzine around that I can just enjoy- I bet the pub sessions leading up to them are great as well, eh?

ZenArcade

That is delightful to hear.  Our aim is to boost local writers and artists within the context of the 2000AD universe.  We meet last friday every month and have an open door policy, We would take great delight in you or indeed any other forum members attending at one (or more) of them. Z

ZenArcade

Reading the latest Dog breath. Some good stuff. Z

Bolt-01

Thank you. Dogbreath is a total labour of love for me. Even more than Zarjaz.

Dandontdare

ZenArcade

Excellent DDD, I truly hope you take a lot out of them. Z

Splank!

Sector House 13, the group which produces the Sector 13 Zine, has its own occasional Blog as well. the creators of our photo-story made an interesting posting recently giving away some of the secrets of their techniques and the classic comic which was the inspiration behind one single panel.

Take a look.

https://sectorhouse13.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/secrets-of-sector-13-exterminator-17.html

sheridan

Bought the three issues yesterday, and read them on the journey back from LawgIVer - great stuff (though, er... please take up the offers of copy-editing from Bolt and/or CF - there's a few glaring typos, not including Titianic).

ZenArcade

Glad you liked them Sheridan. We met a lot of people at Lawgiver and the reaction was very positive
I totally take on board the typo issue and I hope that the third issue is pretty much typoless (is that a word?).  Z

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 28 May, 2018, 03:11:25 PM
Glad you liked them Sheridan. We met a lot of people at Lawgiver and the reaction was very positive
I totally take on board the typo issue and I hope that the third issue is pretty much typoless (is that a word?).  Z

*pssst* fourth issue - I already have the first three :P