Main Menu

'FUTURE SHOCKS' COMES TO THE iTUNES APP STORE!

Started by updatatr0n, 19 May, 2009, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

updatatr0n

ALAN MOORE'S UNSEEN MASTERPIECE – 'FUTURE SHOCKS' – COMES TO THE iTUNES APP STORE

For the first time ever, a selection of Alan Moore's earliest comic-strip creations -'Future Shocks' -is now available for the US and globally via the Apple iTunes App Store!

Before Watchmen, before V for Vendetta, before League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Alan Moore cut his teeth on a series of ambitious and innovative short stories for the iconic sci-fi comic 2000 AD which showcased the talent and genius of arguably one of the greatest comic creators of our times.

Developed exclusively by Clickwheel.net and available in 8 parts over 8 weeks, Alan Moore's Future Shocks has been adapted to enthuse, invigorate and excite the 1,000's of comic fans who have never had access to these stories before!

Tim Demeter, Clickwheel's Editor said, "We've been waiting a long time to get our hands on this material, and as a comic fan myself, I can confidently say that if Alan Moore is one of your favourite creators, YOU NEED THIS!"

Available now, each episode is priced at $0.99/£0.59 so there is no excuse not to be shocked and awed anytime, anyplace!

Devons Daddy

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rebellion/ Tharg  you have excelled this time.

my itouch just brought another tear to my eye.
outstanding news,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Marbles

Fantastic !!! Hopefully the start of something bigger too.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Bolt-01

Question for those in the know- If I wanted to, could I play this on a Walkman? Not a fan of the Ipod...

Trout

Can I walk into a shop and buy a paper version? And some Blackjacks?

I hate iPhones. My wife has one and does nothing else!

- Trout

Dandontdare

I have a workmate who's constantly showing me the latest incredible "app" on his i-knob (ooh a pretend pint of beer - that's worth 35 quid a month). My pay-as-you-go costs a pittance and it's a telephone. That does texts. It has games too, but they're tiny and rubbish - I don't care. It's a phone.

I'm sure this is good news for those more connected than me, but I like my comics made out of paper. Computer screens are about ill-informed bullshit and waffle about comics, not comics themselves!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "dandontdare"My pay-as-you-go costs a pittance and it's a telephone. That does texts. It has games too, but they're tiny and rubbish - I don't care. It's a phone.
iPhone isn't—it's a small computer that has an application that enables you to use it as a phone.

I agree about the comics thing (I prefer mine to be on paper), but then I also wouldn't be against carting about a few 2000 AD classics on an iPhone for those odd moments on the train where I fancy reading a comic rather than one of the various books on the device.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"iPhone isn't—it's a small computer that has an application that enables you to use it as a phone.

Agreed. I barely make any calls at all on mine - it's much closer to a very small laptop than it is to a very large phone, with the added advantage of being a cracking media player. Oh, and I can make phone calls on it.

QuoteI agree about the comics thing (I prefer mine to be on paper), but then I also wouldn't be against carting about a few 2000 AD classics on an iPhone for those odd moments on the train where I fancy reading a comic rather than one of the various books on the device.

I agree completely about the paper/screen thing but then I thought the exact same thing about books, and the Classic (ie - out of copyright) Novel app I installed is surprisingly readable, and I'm actually enjoying using it.

And I reckon 59p for eight Alan Moore future shocks is a pretty good price, frankly!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

I carry ALL Alan Moore's Furture Shocks with me, wherever I go anyway. On my i-Brain. It's amazing what an i-Brain does- stores more pictures and video than any of your devices, and allows me endless amusement on trains/ buses/ while walking around.

Steev

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"I carry ALL Alan Moore's Furture Shocks with me, wherever I go anyway. On my i-Brain. It's amazing what an i-Brain does

Indeed, Steev. In fact, why bother with trains and buses when you have feet?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"
Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"I carry ALL Alan Moore's Furture Shocks with me, wherever I go anyway. On my i-Brain. It's amazing what an i-Brain does

Indeed, Steev. In fact, why bother with trains and buses when you have feet?

Cheers

Jim

Because  it's a long way to London and Edinburgh?

Steev

Marbles

I see Clickwheel also have freebies of some Metro Dredds for the i-phone.

Free Daily Star Dredds for the i-pod/phone is the way to go I think!
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Devons Daddy

i own an Itouch not the phone.

if you stuck in some foresaken part of the galaxy you would believe its the greatest invention since the wheel.
spent last year in ALASKA i speak from a place i understand here.
the download feature such as this is wonderful. you try carting a ton of progs about. its not clever. trust me.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!