Main Menu

Ultimate link thread.

Started by Jared Katooie, 24 December, 2004, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Yeah, I saw those advertised in Previews a bit ago - based on toy prototypes from the 70s.  So, they are based on one of my favourite movies (Alien) in the style of my most beloved of all toys (vintage star wars figures).   :-\  FP are selling these for approx £15 each and I know that I don't need them and all they will be doing is sitting on a shelf or in a cupboard somewhere and yet I really want them.  I mean, the alien even has a lever thing on top of his head to push the second jaw out! 

I really don't need these.

I don't.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Recrewt on 08 January, 2014, 02:13:56 PM
Yeah, I saw those advertised in Previews a bit ago - based on toy prototypes from the 70s.  So, they are based on one of my favourite movies (Alien) in the style of my most beloved of all toys (vintage star wars figures).   :-\  FP are selling these for approx £15 each and I know that I don't need them and all they will be doing is sitting on a shelf or in a cupboard somewhere and yet I really want them.  I mean, the alien even has a lever thing on top of his head to push the second jaw out! 

I don't.

You do.

Spikes

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 08 January, 2014, 05:29:02 PM

I don't.

You do.

Oh, why do all these nice things keep popping up!

Mmmm, maybe just the Alien figure? Ill stop at the Alien figure.....

Recrewt

Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 January, 2014, 08:40:25 PM
Quote from: GrinningChimera on 08 January, 2014, 05:29:02 PM

I don't.

You do.

Oh, why do all these nice things keep popping up!

Mmmm, maybe just the Alien figure? Ill stop at the Alien figure.....

HaHa!  Well, I was in my local FP at the weekend and the b*stards had them so I now own The Alien and Kane.   ::) 

Trying to spread it over a few visits to minimise wallet trauma but I knew I would end up getting them!  They look pretty good but I would say the cardbacks are a little thin/flimsy.  Still, it's only going to sit on a shelf isn't it?

Spikes

Ahh, so you've snagged a couple, eh? Good stuff.

You planning on getting the full set, maybe?

Deffo want the Alien figure. Unfortunately living nowhere near a FP - and the Alien isn't showing up on the online FP, I may have to go the eBay route. Bit more expensive on there. About £17.00, plus whatever the P+P is.

So im still collating, as Ash would say, but ill crumble soon.

Caught this image online, which made me want one even more,  ;)

Recrewt

Quote from: Judge Jack on 21 January, 2014, 05:40:19 PM
Ahh, so you've snagged a couple, eh? Good stuff.

You planning on getting the full set, maybe?

Deffo want the Alien figure. Unfortunately living nowhere near a FP - and the Alien isn't showing up on the online FP, I may have to go the eBay route. Bit more expensive on there. About £17.00, plus whatever the P+P is.

So im still collating, as Ash would say, but ill crumble soon.

Caught this image online, which made me want one even more,  ;)

Yeah, got a couple and the plan is to get the full set.  I'm not a full-on toy collector and tend to prefer the items that a) catch my fancy b) have limited numbers.  This means I can quite happliy look over all the SW Vintage re-issue stuff without worry cos I know there is just so much stuff that I will never get it all so don't bother getting any. 

I have a bit of the Aliens Neca stuff but can't bring myself to buy cross-eyed Hudson!  That line is also starting to expand a bit too rapidly for my liking.

FP were selling them for £14 a pop and I think they were on the website for similar but its confusing cos there are two different FP companies.  Those two in the picture are the ones I got.  They seemed to have plenty of stock but worringly there was no Ripley to be seen! 

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh look... a clip of my drama group singing...

what all amateur dramatics singers sound like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6rKhzV_m0

I, Cosh

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 12 January, 2014, 04:59:58 AM
Tetris Lights
My auntie got me this for Christmas a couple of years ago. Useless as a light but impossible not to start playing with.

Now, what the fuck should I make for dinner?
We never really die.

IAMTHESYSTEM

From Redskulls page

http://redskullsmadhouse.tumblr.com/ Er Adults only some Goth chicks with minimal clothing.

Unbelievably THIS is what attracted me. Never seen this before. Arthur Adams no less.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d51ec5278ab868c09033904bd8dc07da/tumblr_mz8nzyBYIS1qh0iv0o1_1280.jpg
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

GrinningChimera

Bernard Manning -Ungagged. (full video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKnwn9SEkdA

Hilarious stuff. Make sure the kids aren't around mind.

The Doctor Alt 8

The Doctor Alt 8

Spikes

judda fett