Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars on my John Higgins's Dredd 3DS XL.

Pretty damn good for an XCOM lite. Not really a challenge unless you play it on hard. You always know you will win, it's just a question of exactly how. The Recon Banshee is overpower we d though and if you play her just right you can rack up massive kill streaks.

But what the actual foot? Russia invading Ukraine as a premise? Naw, that would never happen.

(Ok, it turns out Russia is being manipulated by extremist Imperial factions but still...)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 April, 2022, 09:00:36 PM

(Ok, it turns out Russia is being manipulated by extremist Imperial factions but still...)

Um, in real life or the game?
Lock up your spoons!

Richmond Clements

Guardians of the Galaxy. Oh man, this is great fun.  It turned up on Game Pass a few weeks ago. It is genuinely funny with some amazing dialogue. There are a few places where I have been frustrated, places that require a precise QTE button push, but other than that, it is a helluva load of fun.

Link Prime

Which one of you fools were giving out hell about the GTA Trilogy re-masters?
Wait - that was a different forum - apologies.

I took a break from the ever frustrating Elden Ring at the weekend, and loaded up the Vice City "Definitive Edition" remaster (PS4 disc on PS5) as a palate cleanser.

Wow - they did a great job.
Vice City itself looks amazing compared to the PS2 era - in particular the background detail, weather effects and neon lights.
I got sucked right back in, and had every main mission completed by 6.00pm yesterday.
Now I have to decide if I will go through the slog of attempting the Platinum Trophy (100% completion required - I'm still not over the last time I did it, two decades ago).

PS - The radio stations are still the best thing about this game. Razor sharp, and absolutely hilarious.
Shame that they removed the Michael Jackson tracks, I can still appreciate his music personally, but understand if it's unappealing for others.

RookieNerd

The last game I felt I really played was Death Stranding. It's been really hard to get into a game ever since. I am in gaming limbo at the moment.

The Enigmatic Dr X

FIFA.

Please. Make. Me. Stop.
Lock up your spoons!

NapalmKev

I've been kicking all kinds of ass in martial arts fun-fest, Sifu.

What I actually mean is I struggled like hell in the beginning and spent an age trying complete level 2. It can be a difficult game in parts but once the combat mechanics click you actually feel as if your wandering through your very own martial arts film dishing out raw fisty justice.

It's really good!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

RookieNerd

Sinking City and I picked the worst ending cuz I wanted to see you know. Who wouldn't want to see like that?

Angry Vince

Just finished Dysmantle - a great post-apocalyptic RPG where you also smash up the landscape, buildings, furniture... anything to make new equipment. Has a very fun, cartoony art style and lots of puzzles. The background story is quite interesting and sets up a good end for the movie.
Most fun part - final getting the Power Fist* and using it to smash a semi** truck to pieces.

* the mere name is probably giving people flashbacks to the Top Secret movie. You'll be disappointed to know it's not that kind of Power Fist.
** you guys have got sick minds and your mums would be very sad.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Barrington Boots

Yesterday I finished Return to Monkey Island. It's superb - funny, puzzling, the control system is very easy to use, the voice acting, music and graphics are glorious and there's a lot of callbacks to the first two games without disregarding the rest of the series. I didn't find it too difficult apart from a single puzzle at the end that really stumped me, but it's still a reasonably long game too.
If you loved Monkey Island (or at least the first three, ie. the good ones) you will love this [spoiler]although a lot will also rest on how you feel about the ending to MI2.[/spoiler]
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Finished the Halo Infinite campaign. Fun.

Bounced, and bounced hard, off Deathloop, despite really enjoying the Dishonoured games.
Lock up your spoons!

RookieNerd

Thought I lost my passion for gaming, but it's all about finding the right thing reignite the passion. Funny thing it is a mod Call of Chernobyl. Limited main story element, but lots of side missions. Plus it has all the maps of the three games to wander about it and some interesting gear changes.

Link Prime

I picked up the Resident Evil 2 Remake for a tenner there a few days ago.
I loved the original all those years ago, and this didn't disappoint.

Hard to beat that oh shit feeling of being backed into a corner in a side room and hearing the approaching footsteps on Mr. X.

RookieNerd

Outer Worlds from the company who made Fallout New Vegas. It made me want to play New Vegas again. Looked pretty though I give it that.

Tiplodocus

Is Witcher 3 any good? (That's the one available on Switch I think)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!