Main Menu

Wildcat - any good?

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 June, 2018, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JamesC on 12 June, 2018, 09:04:31 AM
Would Rebellion be able to reprint the content that appeared in Eagle or only the episodes that ran in the original Wildcat comic?

Yes, they can.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: JamesC on 12 June, 2018, 09:04:31 AM
Would Rebellion be able to reprint the content that appeared in Eagle or only the episodes that ran in the original Wildcat comic?

They should have the rights to the lot, AFAIK - it's a similar situation to strips like Monster or The Thirteenth Floor which launched in Scream! and continued in Eagle. If a strip originated in the new Eagle (like Manix, Survival, Doomlord etc.) then I believe the rights reside with the Dan Dare Corporation; if it originated in another comic which merged with the Eagle then the rights stay with the rights-holder for the original comic.

JOE SOAP

The Dan Dare Corporation owns the global rights including Film, Television, Radio, Social Media, Publishing and Merchandising to the Eagle Comic and associated strips including Dan Dare - Pilot of the Future.

The Company also owns the global rights to other associated strips that appeared in the Eagle including Computer Warrior, Stormforce, Ghost Squad, Manix, The Fists of Danny Pyke, Crowe Street Comp, Walk or Die, Survival, The Amstore Computer and Detective Zed.

http://www.dandare.com/media.htm

BPP

Word to the rebellion reprint line then...

'Sci-fi' PLUS - 'Ortiz, Ron Smith, Redondo, Vanyo, David Pugh, some Massimo, Ian Kennedy, Lalia and more' IS MUCH more of a must buy than anything released so far.

Would love them to reprint the whole thing as released rather than compile the stories. It's only 12 issues so 2 volumes would be a great 'as was' archive edition.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Link Prime

Really enjoyed the few issues of Wildcat I managed to pick up as a kid, but never read the full run (except Loner, which was available as a Fleetway / Quality mini-series).

Would love a complete reprint, but would place Scream and Oink higher on my personal wish list.

Richard

Wildcat was a good read when I was a kid. I don't know how well it stands up today. I'm not sure that I want to risk reading it again in case it's not as good as I remember, but I'd probably buy it if Rebellion reprinted it.

Did it ever have a proper ending?

Fortnight

I missed the Fleetway Files since it appeared when I had literally no money & no job for over six months. I also missed that Rebellion had bought up the Fleetway archives :/

I'd love to see a collected Kitten Magee; easily the strongest and most consistent storyline begun in Wildcat. Artwork (largely) by Jose Ortiz? Yes please.

There was Loner, but I didn't care for that so much.

moly

Wildcat turbo Jones has come up for pre order on Amazon out in January published by rebellion