Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

saw the MIGHTY IRON MAIDEN live on Monday which is something I've always wanted to do since i was 8 and first got addicted to them, also saw Dimu Brogir which was a spectacular wall of noise that seemed to blow the mic out on my Iphone when i recorded it.  Both highlights of a very quality festival.
Then yesterday i picked up a bunch of GN's (including Black Dossier & 1910 which I've been hanging out for, also got the last Deus Ex too) which should keep me ocupied for the next couple of weeks.
Unfortunatly i also got 2nd degree sunburn and am very sore (some of us aussies are pale pasty f$%kers too you know).

CU Radbacker

Richmond Clements

We've got tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age, and I've got another nice writing gig.

SmallBlueThing

Because, thanks to The Cosh, I got to read each and every issue of Peter Milligan's 'Greek Street' last night; a series I'd only begun when I borrowed volume one from the library, and failed to ever see any more. Enjoyed each one- a pleasing mix of ancient myth, wagging English teacher fingers crying "it's all still relevent, you know!", extreme London gangland violence, upper crust depravity, incest, murder, boobies, serial killing and pan-dimensional beings. Reccommended.

SBT

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 March, 2011, 09:40:11 AM
We've got tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age, and I've got another nice writing gig.

Ace! If rumours are to be believed it might be the last tour they do so that'll be a good show to see.

I'm happy today because I finally picked up new pickups for my primary axe. To pick them I used the incredibly technical method of putting 'What pickups does Adam Jones use' and just bought them. If they're good enough for him. The old ones are actually held in place with gaffa tape and covered in rust so I'm well looking forward to a tonal improvement.

Noisybast

Balls. Manchester sold out in mere nanoseconds and I'm buggered if I'm paying over the odds for a scalped ticket.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Judge Palmer

Quote from: Radbacker on 09 March, 2011, 08:46:26 AM
saw the MIGHTY IRON MAIDEN live on Monday which is something I've always wanted to do since i was 8 and first got addicted to them,
CU Radbacker

Oh yes, UP THE IRONS! I saw Maiden at Earls Court in December 2006 during their 'A Matter of Life and Death' tour and it rocked. 1 row back from the front and middle left, seeing Eddie popping up in the Tank onstage was superb. Like you i've been a maiden fan since I was 12 but had never got round to seeing them until then.

If you haven't heard/bought their latest album 'The Final Frontier' I recommend you do, it is the nuts. The album has tracks that sound similar to their early albums, great stuff, here's to the next tour! :D
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

vzzbux

Had a new boiler fitted nearly two years ago and the quarterly winter bill for last year compared to the year before is cheaper by nearly £200. What with the price hikes as well that is pretty substantial.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

klute

I bought the first kick ass graphic novel from the works for 3.99 far cheaper than the 5 quid from play.com
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

EddieHitler

I don't pretend to be the most balanced individual in the world but.......

When I'm taking a walk down my very busy High Street I love watching the Traffic Wardens dishing out their parking tickets to those who should of 'Paid and Displayed'.
And then I wait for the driver to eventually return (somedays I have a lot of time on my hands!)and fume it's even better when the warden is still there and watch the poor wretches plead.....the poor fools it's no good.

Doe this make me evil?

Other than that I'm a fairly well rounded individual :D

Kerrin

Tordelback has graduated to Call-Me-Kenneth! Congratulations on distributing such a vast catalogue of wisdom Oh Tordelled One. May it long continue!

Buddy

The magnificent Mick McMahon has just been added as a guest to the 2D comic festival in Derry this year....

I always seemed to miss out on hs con appearances for one reason or another... but no way I'm missing this!!!

And as an added bonus.. Shaky Kane will be there too.... ohhh I feel a few sketches coming on...

TordelBack

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 10 March, 2011, 07:59:43 PM
The magnificent Mick McMahon has just been added as a guest to the 2D comic festival in Derry this year....

Feck me!  McMahon!  I've always wanted to go to 2D - looks like this is the year.

EDIT:  Except I've a sailing competition on that weekend.  Bollocky bollocks.

EDITED EDIT:  Except that's the 2010 programme I've just looked at.  So there's hope.

maryanddavid

Cool, Id love to go, bit far off to commit yet though.

Bolt-01

because despite being two weeks late I've just burned the files for FQ17 to disk for the printer. Hopefully the comic will be live to purchase this time next week! Zarjaz 11 is also not far behind...