Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

I've now lost nearly a stone and a half since the new year thanks to my healthy eating and exercise regime, people are noticing and someone even uttered the word sexy :D

Colin Zeal

My lunch date went ok. I had a text from the lady concerned this morning that Iassumed was her cancelling but was actually confirming I was still coming. Sadly she brought along a colleague of hers to the cafe so wasn't just us but still went well.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just been down to collect my 'Cellar of Dredd' Polo Top (Judge Burdis will be here early next week) and it looks bloody great. Also won some items off ebay that I have been after for over dozen years (they will be up on the blog soon'ish) and for bugger all money  :o
Also opened an email earlier to see the latest pic in the next commission and that's a fully painted wife as a Judge  ;)

klute

Went out on tuesday to pick up last weeks prog and managed to catch the last issue before wednesdays issue (in the only shop to my knowledge) that sells the 2000ad progs

Mentioning the above to the wife she then turned around and suggested getting 2000ad on subscription :) secondly its my birthday in a week so she has asked me for a list of 2000ad and related GN's im still after :)she has also asked me to list the casefiles i dont have and she's going to fill those gaps in for my christmas box :)

Im over the moon.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Dandontdare

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 25 March, 2011, 02:35:09 PM
Sadly she brought along a colleague of hers to the cafe so wasn't just us but still went well.

Are you sure this isn't Cyberleader's bird?  Same MO.

COMMANDO FORCES

The question is, 'was the colleague a male?'

Van Dom

Just picked up the latest prog after having a bite to eat. I handed it to my 5 year old son to hold while I loaded up the baby and the buggy and all the rest...and by the time I got into the car myself he was sitting in his seat, engrossed in it! I have to say it was a good feeling looking at him holding an open prog and staring intently at the pictures (Judge Dredd) inside. The couch potato story might have had something to do with it as the couch potatoes are funny looking but still....it was a cool moment! The future is now!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Keef Monkey

Because this weekend was brilliant, played a really enjoyable gig on Friday, went to see Richard Herring's brilliant Christ On A Bike show Saturday (complete with christian protesters at the venue!) and had a super-chilled Sunday with the prog and the meg. That's what I call a successful weekend :)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 March, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
Because this weekend was brilliant, played a really enjoyable gig on Friday, went to see Richard Herring's brilliant Christ On A Bike show Saturday (complete with christian protesters at the venue!) and had a super-chilled Sunday with the prog and the meg. That's what I call a successful weekend :)

Ha! I was reading his twitter feed about this that evening- it seems he's filmed it as a dvd extra.
Looing forward to seeing this myself- I think he gets up here next month sometime.

Proudhuff

This from the Herald:

Church group pickets Glasgow comedy show, By Catriona Stewart

A GLASGOW comedy festival performance attracted 50 uninvited guests last night as Christian protestors picketed a stand-up show.
A group of fundamentalists from the Church of Zion protested outside the Oran Mor venue in the city's west end where Christ on a Bike – the Second Coming, by Richard Herring, was being performed.
Despite the show having been staged at some 50 venues, Glasgow is the first city where Herring's performance has attracted protest.
Tommy Sheppard, director of the Scottish Comedy Agency, the company behind the Magners Glasgow International Comedy Festival likened their actions to those of terrorist group, al-Qaeda.
Sheppard said: "This was the sort of thing you might expect from al-Qaeda, not the sort of thing you expect on the streets of Glasgow.
"This protest was born of intolerance and ignorance. They have clearly read the title of the show and their eyes have misted up at the sight of it and they have taken offence but have no understanding of the actual content. Christ on a Bike is not in any way blasphemous. It is an exploration of the New Testament.
"I must compliment Church of Zion for being a very intolerant organisation."
The one-man show is a debate on aspects of the New Testament that Herring finds difficult to reconcile with atheist logic.
Herring is due to perform the routine tonight at Edinburgh's The Stand but Sheppard said it was unknown whether the church would repeat it demonstration.
After the show Herring filmed himself speaking to the protestors and said he plans to use the footage as DVD extra
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

It did make things a bit surreal. It's a really funny show, and I'm sure if any of the protesters had actually watched it they wouldn't come away offended. Apparently Herring asked one of them if he didn't think it was maybe wrong to be condemning something without seeing it, and they came back with a weird 'you don't have to see a child being abused to know child abuse is wrong' argument, which is quite a sensible thing to compare to a stand up comedy show obviously. A chunk of the show deals with the emails he gets complaining about it, and just how wrongheaded some of the logic is behind them.

At the end of the day all they've done is get the show extra publicity, which was nice of them :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Just ordered one of those Liam Sharp prints and shall collect it from him at KAPOW!
I went for the Christmas Dredd/Death/Anderson A2 pic, obviously!

Banners

...I'm listening to the 3CD remastered re-release of The Icicle Works album "The Small Price of a Bicycle", complete with bonus tracks, demos and previously unreleased material.

Probably my favourite album ever from way back in 1985 - utter bliss!

Something Fishy

Looks like i shall finally be moving on to a new job and challenge.

Something fresh was needed, really pleased.