Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Nice one CF!

I've found i'm now ending my job on the 15th , which means really the 13th and due to accrued leave.. I finish in 3 weeks and get my 40th birthday week off.

sweeeeeet  :D

Dunk!

Just booked tickets to Batman Live when it visits Birmingham.

Wasn't going to go, but this preview on the Beeb changed my mind: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13058040

It was the Cesar Romero style Joker that won me over (Can but hope that's the performer when I see it) and I'll forgive them for messing with Harley Quinn's costume ala Arkham Asylum.

Now, knowing me, I'll completely forget and have a ready paid surprise sprung on me in Aug.

Sweet.
"Trust we"

klute

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 April, 2011, 05:45:20 PM
Another family of benefit scrounging scum have left next door! I could say why but I have talked about the Hell we go through in the chatroom.

That's me 2, scum 0  :thumbsup: :wave:

We have a simliar problem next door to us CF (its private rent)  we went through a year and a half of putting up with them and trying to get the landlord to do something about it....i found the police to be of no help despite seeing them there every day till they were booted out.

If its of any consulation we now have a lovely couple living next door to us i suspect the landlord of the home next to your is like ours and only interested in getting the money(which to a degree i understand) but not at the expense of making everybody happy.

Apparently according to the landlord who owns next door its hard to find decent people to rent LOL he was moaning to me about this,to which i replied well you'll just have to keep looking because were not going through that again.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

staticgirl

Do these people ask for copious references and then throw them in a bin or something? They make renters go through hoops and then don't check. In every place I have ever lived there have been problem renters so I would have thought the motivation was there.

The current place I am in is abnormal. 5 years and no problem tenants next door. *Touches wood* I presume it's because they rent to families mainly.

SmallBlueThing

Because today I took my boys up to that shop in a village near to where I live (that I mention every now and again)- and inside they had a 1979 Kenner MILLENNIUM FALCON for ten of your Earth pounds. Obviously it's missing a few bits- the walkway up into it, the control panels, the top gun and the dish, but it's more than playable, and my boys love it. The bits and bobs I'll get off eBay as we go. But personally speaking, I've always wanted one of these and still harbour a grudge against my parents for not getting me one when I was nine. And now there's one in my living room. Hurrah!

They also had a boxed Naboo Starfighter for a tenner and a Vulture Droid Fighter for eight. But they can fuck off! The Falcon! The fucking FALCON!

SBT

Bolt-01

because I've now got a complete set of the original Zarjaz comics. Huge thanks to two boarders for going above the call of duty to sort things for me.

because I've actually got all the strips in hand for Zarjaz 12 and that I've just scored a very nice artist for the cover of Zarjaz 13.

mogzilla

had a lovely day with mini in manchester forbidden planet where i got zarjaz a.b.c. special a hellboy comic, the prog and the taxidermist and she got the "stone" dalek
  lunch at kfc a quick perusal at the disney shop and a trip on the manchester big wheel (rip off but i've been promising her for ages) and a quick dip into cineheroes and found out there is a comic fair in preston this saturday!

Dandontdare

Quote from: mogzilla on 14 April, 2011, 05:47:01 PM
had a lovely day with mini in manchester forbidden planet where i got zarjaz a.b.c. special a hellboy comic, the prog and the taxidermist and she got the "stone" dalek
  lunch at kfc a quick perusal at the disney shop and a trip on the manchester big wheel (rip off but i've been promising her for ages) and a quick dip into cineheroes and found out there is a comic fair in preston this saturday!

sounds like a top day out! we discovered Cineheroes on the Nort Forum gathering (only because the guy was standing outside Travelling Man habnding out fliers!) It's not got a huge amount of stock, but it's got some good deals and I've never known chattier proprieters - they were like a double act!

mogzilla

we only had the one ! nice fella...love the plans for the entrance being made into a tardis.he remebered you lot as well! :D

nearly got his judge dredd fig til i saw he wanted £35 for it!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 April, 2011, 04:25:56 PM
because I've now got a complete set of the original Zarjaz comics. Huge thanks to two boarders for going above the call of duty to sort things for me.

because I've actually got all the strips in hand for Zarjaz 12 and that I've just scored a very nice artist for the cover of Zarjaz 13.

Glad the envelope arrived! I too am on the cusp, the vinegar strokes if you will, of a complete Zarjaz run. Just waiting for Mr Postie.

SBT

Bolt-01

The package you are waiting for will be in the post tomorrow morning-

Something Fishy

Have been bought a Martin OM for my upcoming 40th birthday.. sounds stunning and lovely to play.

Keef Monkey

Ooh, very swish! Nothing beats a lovely new guitar, enjoy!

Something Fishy

Cheers Keef. It'll be the first truly nice one I've ever owned.  I wouldn't let myself until i could at least get something out of it.

It's a Davy Graham model, signed one.  Really is lovely.

klute

Ace Trucking v1 landed on my doorstep this morning thanks to 2000ad online store cant wait to read it and v2 again :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.