Main Menu

Lionsgate and Dredd

Started by Steve Green, 27 February, 2012, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but someone posted on the IMDB board that Lionsgate UK won't be handling the promotion for Dredd in the UK. Instead it's Entertainment who handled Newline releases like Lord of the Rings.

No independent source for this, so take it with a massive pinch of salt.

"It seems that motion picture distributor Entertainment Films will be acting as the company releasing Dredd in the UK rather than those incompetent cretins at Lionsgate. Entertainment's biggest release was the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, and for a good number of years were the defacto distributors for Newline Cinema movies. They also released a number of the 'Saw' films in the UK.

Personally this can only be a good thing. If you actually go to the official Lionsgate UK film website they like to keep up to date on things, with Conan 'In cinemas soon' along with Red Sonia and Kane And Lynch! "

radiator

IIRC, Entertainment were confirmed as the distributor long before Lionsgate ever got involved on the US side.

radiator

Variety, Sep 14th, 2010:

QuoteOver the weekend, IM Global struck a hefty $7 million deal for the futuristic pic with Blighty distrib Entertainment. U.S. buyers likewise are circling "Dredd" and a domestic deal is expected to be closed within the week.

www.variety.com/article/VR1118024155?refCatId=13

Steve Green

Strange, first I've heard them mentioned...

Steve Green

Quote from: radiator on 27 February, 2012, 02:41:47 PM
Variety, Sep 14th, 2010:

QuoteOver the weekend, IM Global struck a hefty $7 million deal for the futuristic pic with Blighty distrib Entertainment. U.S. buyers likewise are circling "Dredd" and a domestic deal is expected to be closed within the week.

www.variety.com/article/VR1118024155?refCatId=13

Cheers,

nothing new then...

Goaty

You can see it at IM Global website;

http://www.imglobalfilm.com/opus/dredd

Even it is at front page of the website as well.

Steve Green

Yeah, that's pretty old as well - I thought Entertainment handling the UK distribution might be a new development.

Apparently not.

JOE SOAP

Yep, that's always been the story, Lionsgate only handling it in the US.