Main Menu

Star Trek: Axanar

Started by Proudhuff, 25 August, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Might be released as a high frame-rate film that you have to slow down yourself in VLC Media Player's Settings tab...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

I doubt it.

I imagine CBS would have something to say about that.

More importantly he's spent all the money and doesn't have a film.

The Legendary Shark

I was joking - barely, I admit, but joking.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

Supporters on their fb page have seriously suggested that as an option.

The Legendary Shark

No way - really? The world truly has gone mad!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

Looks like the Axanar thing had an effect on one of the other fan film series.

From the Star Trek Continues fb page.

"CBS is not responsible for the decision to end the series. We are doing 11 episodes instead of 13 because another fan group took advantage of the good graces of the copyright holders forcing them to protect their property and the interests of their license holders. In deference and gratitude to CBS, we are wrapping up earlier than planned. We always have stood, and continue to stand, with CBS."

JOE SOAP

The Axanar fucker(s) put up a post on facebook decrying the fact Star Trek Continues were finishing up what they all ready had in the can –pre-guidelines– then quickly pulled it down when just about every single comment made by Axanar devotees told him he was acting like a petulant child for trying to destroy a fellow fan-film.

https://twitter.com/AxaMonitor/status/835658690455707648

Steve Green

He keeps on digging, I'll give him that.

Steve Green

I also see that Renegades have filed off the Trek references so they're not bound by the guidelines.

Robin Low

For those few interested, this may amuse/irritate/annoy (delete as applicable):

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/industry-studios-the-first-fan-funded-movie-studio-film#/

At time of writing, 82 people have given $6,520, which is pretty impressive since there's nothing of particular interest on offer.

Regards,

Robin

Steve Green

Can't imagine that will succeed - one thing to be able to get money from people wanting a film all around the world.

Something else to raise it from people who want to make use of the facilities and are local enough to do so.

Robin Low

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 March, 2017, 06:48:31 PM
Can't imagine that will succeed - one thing to be able to get money from people wanting a film all around the world.

Something else to raise it from people who want to make use of the facilities and are local enough to do so.

In one sense, it already has succeeded - this has a flexible goal, so the campaign gets the money whether or not the target is reached, and some mugs have already coughed up (a thousand dollars for a clapper for fuck sake).

I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the target, because that's the kind of nonsensical world we're living in right now, although I'm certainly not expecting it to do half a million plus third time in a row.

Regards,

Robin

Steve Green

More fool them.

I like the idea of a studio geared towards the lower budget film-makers - an interior backlot of sorts with props, corridors, sets that could be rearranged.

Just amazed people are still putting money in after he's burned through all this with not much on film to show for it.

Professor Bear

Phase 2 and Star Trek Continues crowd-funded their set-building on early episodes and now share facilities with other TOS-era fan productions like Starship Farragut, but all of these shows are coming to an end because of the regulations put in place by CBS in response to Axanar.  I guess Peters saw the soon-to-be gap in the market he'd caused and decided to occupy it himself.

JOE SOAP

Using the lukewarm corpse of Richard Hatch to promote your crowd-fund campaign for a commercial studio.

Classy.

I wonder do 'operating costs' = personal salary?