Main Menu

Don't get mad, get CROSS - shameless plug for new book featuring Twothy creators

Started by Lady Festina, 29 October, 2014, 07:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Festina

Latest news from Uncle Fester and I here at Disconnected Press, because we realise we've been VERY VERY quiet on here recently....

We have a new book coming out! It's called CROSS and it's an anthology of political humour, satire and the occasional robot. We're not party political; our aim is to poke fun at all sides whilst also illuminating some of the inequities and injustices in the way we are governed.

If that doesn't float your boat, how about our list of creators, which includes: Rob Williams, Emma Beeby, Tom Eglington, David Baillie, PJ Holden, Ben Willsher, Nick Dyer and Tom Foster, as well as the Forum's own Richmond Clements. Some of our favourite script and art droids turn their attention to the present day...

We're running a Kickstarter at the moment to cover some of the production costs (those droids take a lot of oil); rewards include pages of original artwork from the book and artwork commissions from Uncle Fester aka Conor Boyle aka the artist who helped make the dark judges dark again in Dark Judgement a couple of years ago. For the writers among you, we've also got script reviews by David Baillie and writing consultations with yours truly. Or you can simply pledge to buy the book for a mere £10! The Kickstarter is at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/657603937/cross-a-political-satire-anthology

If Kickstarter's not your thing, then you can buy the book from us after 15 November - we're launching at ThoughtBubble in Leeds (we'll be in the Royal Armouries hall, nice and close to The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel table), and then we'll be on sale via our website (www.disconnectedpress.co.uk) and hopefully through some of your favourite comic retailers too.

Thanks for reading :-)

locustsofdeath!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Lady Festina on 29 October, 2014, 07:03:47 PM
Latest news from Uncle Fester and I here at Disconnected Press, because we realise we've been VERY VERY quiet on here recently....

Tch. We don't hear from you in months and then as soon as you want to flog something...  ::)  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Lady Festina

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 29 October, 2014, 08:15:15 PM
Quote from: Lady Festina on 29 October, 2014, 07:03:47 PM

Tch. We don't hear from you in months and then as soon as you want to flog something...  ::)  ;)

I told you it was shameless.....