Main Menu

Drokktober!

Started by Leigh S, 01 October, 2019, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Where, what, when, who?  No mention of it on the official faceboook, or here - is it a fan thing?  I even doodled a Dredd today.....I can't stand the confusion in my mind!

Frank

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 October, 2019, 08:11:52 PM
Where, what, when, who?  No mention of it on the official faceboook, or here - is it a fan thing?  I even doodled a Dredd today.....I can't stand the confusion in my mind!

It's just a fan thing, Leigh. All the Facebook fan groups are getting together to mark the anniversary of losing Carlos.

It's basically Inktober but for Dredd. That's how it started anyway, but it's expanded to include a text story competition to tell your own version of the death of Dredd (deadline Oct 31st).

All media - art, text, sculpture, video, poems and songs - are welcome, regardless of ability. The emphasis is on taking part, having fun and honouring the memory and legacy of Carlos.

Bacefook

The Twitters

Or just search the hashtag #DROKKTOBER on either and you'll see everyone's efforts.

Frank

With Drokktober just a fading memory, I wanted to share the work of actual art droids the organisers cruelly tricked into sharing their hard work in return for exposure.

Many thanks to Greg Staples for reworking his classic Meg 228 image, to Nick Percival for quickly sketching what he looks like first thing in the morning, and to Leonardo Manco, who really should have been drawing Slaine instead of this:

Proudhuff

Loving that background MC1 in the third
DDT did a job on me