Main Menu

Megazine #285

Started by Tweak72, 27 May, 2009, 05:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

I am happy to announce that I have got my first letter printed in a 2000ad publication. Specificity Judge Dredd Megazine #285, under the heading 'Mega-tastic'.
I am pleased as punch as I have never written in before. Unless I was blind drunk and cant remember. Any way, I am now looking forward to getting my 2000ad GN. That is all.

:ugeek:  :ugeek:  :ugeek:
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Proudhuff

Well done Jamie, that's one more than Buttonman this year! :D
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Shut it Proudfoot-in-mouth!

Well done Jamie we always like new talent on The Beast. A pocket review to mark the occasion :

NO FUN WITH BUNN

New scribe Jamie should invest in a magic pen if he is to have a career as a lettersmith. He makes the opening howler we all hate to see by begining with 'I am writing...' Duh you don't say , we thought you were transmiting the information using mind beams. He goes on to say he loves the lack of reprints but loves the reprint supplement, a position well supported by perscrpition medication. Give 'em two staples and they'll buy anything.

Jamie is however a hard task master ripping into the "amusing" Citi-Def, hammering the "faultless" Tank Girl and tearing a strip off the "brilliant" film reviews. Sadly DreddTharg had to edit the letter but we saw an unabridged copy that mentioned the "marvellous" papercut he got from the pages and the "superb" polythene bag in which his cat suffocated.

Just in case the fawning wasn't enough Jamie closes with the announcemnet that he now subscibes, pushing him over the sucking up threshhold that all but guarantees a Judge Anderson graphic novel.

Frankly this Bunn isn't currant and was stale from the off.

Well done again!

Tweak72

Buttonman

Wrong fool!

It's 'Anne' Robinson!

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Buttonman"Wrong fool!
It's 'Anne' Robinson!

oooh, criticise his spelling - that'll teach the dyslexic swine!

Trout

I was a bit taken aback that, although he's on the cover, Armitage doesn't seem to be in the comic. The strip under his name was readable stuff, though. I'm interested to see where it goes.
(Side note: I laughed when I saw in the press the Labour party disciplinary panel for MPs' expenses has been dubbed the Star Chamber. Brit Cit here we come!)

I don't tend to get to all of the Meg nowadays, unless I'm at a loose end and it's lying around, but the John Wagner Dredd story is worth the cover price on its own. It's perfectly-paced, as ever, and the art's that great grungy Colin Wilson style we love. I do wonder if he'd intended the commandant guy's uniform to be in those colours, but that's a minor quibble.

I also liked Tony Lee's voodoo story. That's some nasty mutilation. Nice horror stuff.

Tank Girl's a treat. I realise not everyone's a fan, but it's loads of fun every month. I enjoyed seeing a one-off, too. I want to play F*ck A D*ck now!

Cheers

- Trout

Tweak72