Main Menu

Mick McMahon starts blogging

Started by Emperor, 18 June, 2011, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm in awe every time I see one of his pictures.

Frank

Jesus, that's perfect. After a year of immersion in the boring practicalities of making Dredd and his uniform work on screen, seeing that's like having a veil lifted from before my eyes. Thanks for posting, Fox.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Satanist

I gotta admit that just made me smile. Big time!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Frank

Quote from: Satanist on 27 January, 2013, 01:53:15 AM
I gotta admit that just made me smile. Big time!

I'm sure that's one of the commissions he put up the pencils for a little while ago. There's going to be one very happy punter the day that arrives in the post. Anyone got an idea what Mick charges for something like this?

Frank

Quote from: Minty on 27 January, 2013, 01:36:33 PM
http://tuggingyourcoat.com/commission-info/

Bargain! I don't generally like having pictures on the wall, but I've got an empty space as you come in the door where something like the above would fit nicely.

Colin YNWA

Thanks for the heads up. Going back to my wittering elsewhere on these boards that gives me a thought...

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 January, 2013, 02:25:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Going back to my wittering elsewhere on these boards that gives me a thought...

Aye, why pay a dealer a small fortune for a page of published art which probably wouldn't have been your first choice anyway, and which they may have came by through unscrupulous means (see the Original Art thread discussion of Bolland's 'lost' pages), when you can get a bespoke creation as beautiful as that - and know every penny is benefiting the artist directly. I've just saved myself months of ebay-based misery, disappointment and frustration.

Pete Wells

That's why I go for commissions these days. It's a really rewarding process getting to 'chat' to, and directly benefit, someone who you have admired for years...

Steve Green

Quote from: sauchie on 27 January, 2013, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 January, 2013, 02:25:19 PM

Aye, why pay a dealer a small fortune for a page of published art which probably wouldn't have been your first choice anyway, and which they may have came by through unscrupulous means (see the Original Art thread discussion of Bolland's 'lost' pages), when you can get a bespoke creation as beautiful as that - and know every penny is benefiting the artist directly. I've just saved myself months of ebay-based misery, disappointment and frustration.

Definitely - a McMahon commission is definitely on my list for later in the year if he's got the time.

Steven Sterlacchini

If you're after a Dredd, he's got an inked one and a pencil one waiting in his shop ready to ship.

Steve Green

Cheers,

can't afford it at the mo, and to be honest I think I've had my fill of Dredd after the past few years of doing Minty etc.

SIP

I've had my eye on that inked dredd for a few days now........just trying to get past the hurdle of finding £250! Might sell one of the kids.

Mick is my all-time favourite artist and he is sorely missed in the prog. I managed to bag 2 of the pages from his last prog appearance (i love them!) but one of these inked dredds would be fantastic .

The dredd/death/anderson pencils commission on mick's blog is just great isn't it?

Steven Sterlacchini

Agreed!

Also the Satanus and Blackblood ones are very strong images. I think he's nearly got enough 2000AD based ones to do an excellent high quality 'sketch book'.

Just day dreaming.