Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

I'll go with that too hot wash story - in truth it may be down to me clinging forflornly to being an 'M'.

Still at the Westin and celebrating a rare Scotland win we had their fine buffer breakfast. This was cracking with fat and juicy friuts aplenty, along with little pots of natural yogurt.

That's not going to hold anyone so let's grab another plate. A nice man made me some scrambled eggs and to top it off I had some ham, onions and salsa. I also had some nice turkey sausages and some super crispy bacon that was was kept hot on a big rock. Or maybe someone had dropped it there hence my confused expression. I may have panicked somewhat over the choice available.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 October, 2013, 09:43:17 PM
Your poor, fucking arteries !! .

Tremendous Mr Tips.......... :lol:
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

GrinningChimera

I really shouldn't look in here. Every time I end up feeling more hungry that when I started. Beans on toast just isn't the same.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Buttonman

Your poor, fucking arteries.

Is that a jibe about me being Scottish?! My arteries are fine - at least they were at their last rodding.

We've now made it to Durango which is in Colorado. We travelled here from Scottsdale and given it was a 450 mile drive we didn't get in until late, so chose to feed at the pizza place over the road from our Quality Inn.

Home Slice Pizza is a bit basic in its design but the food and beer was cracking. This beast is a 'Meatzza' which had 6 meats piled high on its crispy body. Only slight concern was it was a bit salty meaning I had to have several beers.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Buttonman on 08 October, 2013, 07:36:19 PM
Your poor, fucking arteries.

Is that a jibe about me being Scottish?!

Don't be mean. Tips is one of those Englanders who chose to live in Glasgow.
Lock up your spoons!

Zarjazzer

That pizza's almost as big as a mopad wheel.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Trout

This just in: I was in the grocery store earlier (yes, I talk North American now; piss off) and I saw two types of coleslaw.

One type, entitled "creamy coleslaw" was just as you might expect coleslaw to be. The green, vinegary version, however, was named "Dixie coleslaw".

More on this as we get it, readers!

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Trout on 09 October, 2013, 03:27:11 AM
This just in: I was in the grocery store earlier (yes, I talk North American now; piss off) and I saw two types of coleslaw.

One type, entitled "creamy coleslaw" was just as you might expect coleslaw to be. The green, vinegary version, however, was named "Dixie coleslaw".

I have a theory that coleslaw has regional variations... I shall check out the Floridian coleslaw offerings in 10 days time and report back. That way, we should have a pretty good north to south picture...

I won't actually eat it. Can't stand the stuff. This is Public Service Broadcasting, folks :)

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 09 October, 2013, 07:51:04 AM
Quote from: Trout on 09 October, 2013, 03:27:11 AM

I have a theory that coleslaw has regional variations... I shall check out the Floridian coleslaw offerings in 10 days time and report back. That way, we should have a pretty good north to south picture...

I won't actually eat it. Can't stand the stuff. This is Public Service Broadcasting, folks :)

Has it got to this?
That Dredd sequel better flippin' hurry up.......   ;)

Buttonman

Time for a breakfast 1-2-3. After that big pizza a massive breakfast was needed to counterbalance it. This was the buffet offering at the Quality Inn in Durango and mighty fine it was too. Too open in a healthy manner I started on Froot Loops which are now available in the UK - saw some in Asda today - tell 'em this thread sent you. Froot Loops are like Cheerios but they are fruit flavoured and make the milk extra tasty too. Speaking of milk the small tubs have a vanilla flavouring and they enhance your beverage no end.

Next up was my old friend the home made waffle. I covered this earlier but by now I was a master of the machine - prying it from the metal in mere moments. Copious amounts of syrup add to the fun. Fruit juice has been added for effect.

Next up was a bit of brunch up the road. After an endless 10 minute walk we had coffee in a nice diner and their cinnamon rolls were too tempting to miss. This was lovely and warm with plenty of spice and runny icing. Yum Yum Yum!

Sideshow Bob

FFS, mate !! .....
You must have hollow legs.........
How on earth can you put away that much grub ??
Cheers...

Extremely entertaining and informative by the way....
Enjoying it immensely.... :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Theblazeuk

Fruit Loops sold in the UK have 1/3 less sugar than the American version, as the original recipe would not qualify as a 'cereal' under both our regulations and the wider EU ones.

Just thought that was interesting and worth knowing why the ones over here aren't so tasty.