Main Menu

DC - Future State (2021)

Started by karlos, 16 October, 2020, 11:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/10/15/dc-future-state-a-glimpse-into-the-future-of-the-dc-universe

That's a lot of comics...especially when they're all coming out over just 2 months.

It's clearly the "5G" reboot repackaged and condensed, and it'll be interesting to see the reaction and sales of these.

DC are clearly gambling big on this one.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: karlos on 16 October, 2020, 11:12:50 PM
DC are clearly gambling big on this one.

I saw a story I now (maddeningly) can't find a link for that showed 25% of DC's income for one recent quarter came from Watchmen, their single largest revenue stream. The #5 revenue stream was V for Vendetta. Imagine for one second that someone, somewhere in DC towers back in 1986 says "Hey, guys, howsabout maybe we don't screw Moore and Gibbons on this...?"
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ChickenStu

Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Apestrife

Some cool books. I'll probably pick the up the Luke Fox Batman and Mister Miracle.

Wonder what happened with José Ladrönn drawing Batman. Was looking forward to that.

broodblik

I am not sure about this. Both DC and Marvel does not know what to do. All these  endless reboots and super events just take the "special" out of it.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Not sure how much DC are gambling big on Future State. From the little I've read they've just making use of the material that's been created and wrapping it up into a package that might make some of the money back (and I guess more?) and make use of the time of an idea that's been all but abandoned.

While I'm not really interest in DC these days (oh how I've changed!) there is a Mark Russell book in the 'Imperious Rex' so I might just check that out cos ya know Mark Russell.

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 October, 2020, 01:12:50 PM
While I'm not really interest in DC these days...
In most sci-fi movies or shows, this'd be the moment everyone realised Colin had been replaced by a doppleganger / replicant / clone / changeling.

Proudhuff

Quote from: karlos on 16 October, 2020, 11:12:50 PM
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/10/15/dc-future-state-a-glimpse-into-the-future-of-the-dc-universe

That's a lot of comics...especially when they're all coming out over just 2 months.

That website says there's a new Status Quo....has anyone told Francis Rossi?
DDT did a job on me

karlos

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 October, 2020, 11:32:00 PM
I saw a story I now (maddeningly) can't find a link for that showed 25% of DC's income for one recent quarter came from Watchmen, their single largest revenue stream. The #5 revenue stream was V for Vendetta. Imagine for one second that someone, somewhere in DC towers back in 1986 says "Hey, guys, howsabout maybe we don't screw Moore and Gibbons on this...?"

So true, Jim. 

What we could have had!

karlos

Quote from: ChickenStu on 17 October, 2020, 12:15:57 AM
I'm curious. Must admit.

Me, too.  The Batfamily stuff looks very interesting (but then, I'm a sucker for anything "future-y").

Smith

I always thought it was just a matter of time before they do Red X in the comics. I was off by nearly 20 years,but here it is.