Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 October, 2019, 04:51:28 PM

Your halo is shining!

I do Grub's, er, Grud's work!

Meat and No Veg

Barbecue seems very popular with nary every place claiming to have the juiciest meats. Always one for a bandwagon I jumped on with this meat filled bun :

This was lunch at the Bear Pizza place and very nice it was too. The bowl was to dip your bun in and I'm aware the meat looks like a flattened crow!

Next up is this offering from  a place on Bainbridge Island which is a 30 minute ferry hop from Seattle :

This was the best meat I had all holiday (Missus) - fall apart tender and juicy, it was lovely. I could even forgive the bowl of red stuff that was beetroot and radishes. The large bowl of potato salad was demolished and failed to count as one of my five a day.

Buttonman

Breakfast Bites

Three slightly lighter breakfasts now as the food handovers suggested a big fry up wasn't the way to go.

This is a pan au chocolate at a French coffee shop in Portland. Not enough chocolate for me but a nice butter pastry. Note R2D2 outside ready to quaff all the ruby grapefruit juice.

Still in Portland with was a small coffee shop that became a Chinese restaurant at night. In the mornings they dished out breakfast treats such as this knockoff McMuffin. It was fine but the bacon was a bit too crisp for my tastes.

Last up is these blueberry pancakes with cream :

The wife is mad on Crackerbarrell and this was the only one in our holiday footprint in the town of Tukwila. They have a load of junk on the walls and you pay your check in the gift shop, the hope being you load up on crap for the trip home. The wife didn't disappoint buying a John Wayne t-shirt and an Elvis Christmas tree ornament.

The staff are very friendly and the food cheap. These pancakes weren't great however - they went mad on the spray cream leaving the pancakes a big soggy mess. Ate them all of course.

Buttonman

Just Time For a a Quick Snack

In a rush? Need a quick snack pic? You've come to the right place...

This was in a Dairy Queen (DQ to those in the know) in Toppenish where we went to take a break from looking at all their western murals. I can't remember what this was called but it was a dead ringer for a McDonald's hot fudge sundae. Bit top heavy and I had to mash it down to stop it from toppling over. Very pleasant though.

This tasty fella was scoffed in a coffee shop in Gastown Vancouver :

Nice and crisp on the outside and sticky in the middle it was a tooth picking coconut delight. Good coffee too.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Oh. Ok then Tom. Sorry to have wasted your time...

Buttonman

Aye, that'll be shining bright!

It's China Town Baby!

This is in an non remembered name Chinese restaurant in Seattle.The area was a bit rough and some toughs in an alley encouraged us to go into the first place we went to without checking reviews first!

It was virtually empty apart from a tank crammed full of crabs and a loud woman shouting in the kitchen.

The food was OK but not that memorable - we got one chicken and one prawn dish. I am shown with chopsticks but of course the fork soon took over.

Next up is a mall lunch in Tukwila outside of Seattle. This was a big food court with a dozen or so places all vying for your trade. Always a good option as you and your good lady can have separate lunches.

This was a 'two choices and rice' deal - you get the idea - they have them here.

This was decent but a MSG rich and nothing spectacular.

Buttonman

Hop It!

I always make a point of visiting iHOP when in the States (International House of Pancakes). their menu appears to have expanded and here's me having a non-pancake breakfast :

This was an omelette with chorizo and salsa and it was delicious.Massive too but that wasn't an issue.

You made need to don your 3-D glasses for this one:

The camera woman has been spoken to. This was a place called  The Templeton in downtown Vancouver. This was a small 50's style diner. There was a 20 minute queue for a table but it was worth it. This breakfast burrito was a bit self-assembly but it was gorgeous.

Funt Solo

Looking forward to the associated album of bowel movements.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Oh lord, don't give him ideas

TordelBack

Mercifully that series is illustrated with MS Paint instead of photos.

Buttonman

Shut it you lot! Although I do concede that the American style of toilet does allow itself to different type of productions...

No, not of that.

It's a bit late on a Saturday night so you'll have to do with blurry...

This was at a bowling alley and to tell you that you are no longer in Kansas the offering is one of Hummus. It was very nice although the fried bread pitta meant that our food ordering ended here. Managed a 134 though.

This unflattering snap was taken in a cinema in Tukwila :

These are chicken tenders and they were a bit better than the film we saw 'The Goldfinch' which was average at best,

JayzusB.Christ

What the hell? You're supposed to have your head at a 3/4 angle, facing to your right and slightly upwards, with a grin and your eyes riveted to the camera. Kindly don't make the same mistake again.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buttonman

Apologies Jayzus - I can only assume one of my many episodes was to blame.

Steve McCartney and Wings

The number of wingless chickens in America must be legion as you get a basket of wings if you say hello to someone or tip your hat to a lady. Or when you order them in a restaurant.

These were the appetiser at Famous Dunns where I had the macaroni in an earlier post.These were salt and pepper wings with a blue cheese dip. Plenty for us both and nice and crispy.

These babies caused me to invoke the Trades' description Act.

Sadly the waitress said it was outwith its jurisdiction and that I should shut my face. They are clearly drumsticks but nice there were too. Ubiquitous blue cheese and some celery and carrots gubbins to fill up the plate.