Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Trailer is now online and my mouth is still open, looks fantastic...

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html" target="_blank">GTA IV

ThryllSeekyr

I'm waiting for trailer to load and wondering if it's set in London or most of Northern Europe like they have promiced.

Goaty

oh nice! it New York GTA!!!!

hopefully it dont need upgrade for computers as my computer just nearly fine for last GTA!!!

radiator

It's set (at least in part) in 'Liberty City' (New York), though there's no reason there won't be more than one city.... and the lead character seems to be an eastern European immigrant.

I really, really hope they sort out the dodgy controls this time. IMO on foot combat in GTA sucks, the controls are twitchy and there seems to be no weight to your character. There is no nuance or subtlety to either close combat or weapon firing, which has kind of killed the series for me in the past. They need to look at games like Halo and Ninja Gaiden for inspiration on how to implement a satisfying combat mechanic (not suggesting they turn it into an FPS, though).

If they could do that, the game would really fulfill it's potential.

ThryllSeekyr

America again.

I think that have done that place to death.

Well atleast it looks really really really more polished than any of it's predessors.

As for the combat, we will have to wait and see.

The combat movie in San andreas were abit of a improvment over what was in Vice City and if they have improved the control or depthof control as much as the graphics than this should be a very iompressicve fighting game as well as driving game.

Like, I was so impresssed with the battle system in 'Path of Neo'. I hope they take it a few steps further here with game.

Will it be released later this year.

ThryllSeekyr

Apparently well known Australian Actor Jack Thompson will be trying to bann this game. At the most from falling into the hands of minors. That could mean restricted sales, espeically in Australian.

Thats really strange considering all the questional movies I have seen this guy in. The movies that made him the powerful person he must be today.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

Satanist

Released on Oct 19 for 360/PS3.

I hope they sort out the targeting and the combat but this should be done as it uses a whole new engine. I also want more choice where the characters concerned. Things like designing them at the start and a whole slew of new upgradeable abilities.

I love the GTA games so this goes straight to the top of my WANT list.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

I just made a big mistake there. Apprently some American Attorney lawyer who happens to be named Jack Thompson is siteing Bill Gates and trying to bannn this game.

This same name also belonging to a well known actor Jack Thompson who most probably doesn't make it his buisness trying bann stuff like this. Of course I wouldnt' even suggest that he would be supporting stuff like this any way.
Typical Australian guy that he his. Anyway far be it from me to talk about somebody I don't even know, just like I know them. That's all I will say about that.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_%28attorney%29" target="_blank">Sorry Wrong guy....

I, Cosh

This looks top class. Nice opening shot of the train coming down from Liberty Heights to Red Light District took me back to the happy days when I'd just bought my PS2. I gaurantee you there's a hidden package at the top of that rollercoaster.

I must say I've never had a problem with the combat in GTA: it's always been fairly easy. I'm not keen on the customisation and task-based upgrading of abilities from San Andreas: if I wanted to spend the whole game worrying about stat points I'd buy World of Warcraft.

To me, the most important thing about the GTA games is the setting. Personal preference, but for me Vice City's the best by a mile. I hope they've learned from San Andreas that you can make the sandpit too big...
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

The Cosh said 'I hope they've learned from San Andreas that you can make the sandpit too big...
'
No way, they can make it bigger as far as I am concerned. Though I haven't quite got to Las Ventrus and the other place that is supposed to be San Francisco in the actual San Andreas campiagn. ( Damn, I can't get past the Russian getawy misson.)
Though I havehad alook arounbd thiewse ares using the jetpack and flying cheat and didn't like it when I hit a invsible wall not far from the notren shoreline baove Las Venturas. I would have wanted more space to roam around in.

Favorite thing, I like doing is sneaking into the Area 51 base in the desert using the Jetpack  flying at ground level to avoid mounted guns and propelling over the fence at the last moment. Stealing the large truck parked near the helicopter and flying it back to the hills near Los Santos. The is a house in those hills with a heli-pad and yes I did say flying the truck using the flying cheat. Apparently it handles real well in the air and looks cool taking off from the secret base.

Keef Monkey

It looks nice, and I'll definately give it a try, but none of the GTA games so far have held my attention. I thought maybe I just wasn't into that style of game but then I got really hooked on Saints Row, which I know GTA fans wrote off as a total rip off. So I can't really put my finger on what it is about GTA that doesn't grab me, but whatever it is I'm hoping it's sorted for this one.

Wils

Number 5 is already in the works, actually. GTA: Down and Dirty Down Under has you the protagonist as an alkie woman-beater who has to repeatedly steal his neighbours Yutes to drive into the Outback and kill as many backpackers as you possbily can. ;)

ThryllSeekyr

Another thing they may wann fix is the crash, drive physics. It's like every time your in truck and you go for tumble or roll. The car or truck magically corrects itself, sometimes rolling  all by itself back onto it wheels the same way loaded dice always land.

There something strange about the way motorcylces handle them, selves. Not that I would really know much about them myself. It just that sometimes the physics don't feel right or feel to good to be true.

These things should be on par with the same amount of effort put into eevry other part of the game.

Other wise I do love these types of games. It's the escapesim.

ThryllSeekyr

Supposed to be availble later on thsi month.

So is anybody getting this?

Art

Heres the trailer for "GTA: Down and Dirty Down Under". Looks pretty good.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=H6Vw402IaII&feature=related" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=H6Vw402IaII&feature=rel