Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CURRENT - POOL 7 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 October, 2020, 06:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ming on 27 October, 2020, 08:32:36 AMAlso, and I may well be alone here, but I'll give a vote to Cat Sullivan - quietly brilliant work over years and years and although understandably overshadowed by multi-page Thrills, Droid Life is a little gem.

You're not alone.  He's brilliant - effortlessly clean and fluid linework, and an ability to wring emotions out of characters who don't even have proper faces.   Cat for me.

And Tom Foster - blasphemy it may be, but I actually prefer him to Bolland.  The kind of copperplate-etching style of moody, noirish artwork I wish I could do myself.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 October, 2020, 01:39:30 PM
And Carter (USM) & Googe for me too.

Surely that should be

Carter (USM) and Googe(sports for all)

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

Every time I think about my vote, I keep hearing James Dean Bradfield singing it. Not a pleasant sensation.

Lee-ee Caaart-er

Funt Solo

The Taking of Peckham 123

In the comments, someone wags: "1 dislike - from Phillip Schofield."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Quote from: Greg M. on 27 October, 2020, 05:01:24 PM
Every time I think about my vote, I keep hearing James Dean Bradfield singing it. Not a pleasant sensation.

Lee-ee Caaart-er

That's my favourite MSP song.

Well not Lee Carter, obviously.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 27 October, 2020, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: Greg M. on 27 October, 2020, 05:01:24 PM

Lee-ee Caaart-er

That's my favourite MSP song.

Well not Lee Carter, obviously.

Always prefered Slash n J M Burns myself

Andy B

I, Cosh

Lee Carter's early work was technically proficient but marred by awkwardly posed figures and a general stiffness. He's grown and overcome that and his Indigo Prime stuff with John Smith in particular is a beautiful synthesis of human and sci-fi wizardry.

Neil Googe is clearly having fun.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Musical taste aside this one is wrapping up in the morning so get ya votes in now.

TordelBack

Googe and Foster for me. These guys make me smile whenever I see their work in my comic.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

A great round where all the talent got a healthy number of votes, but in the end there are two clear winners (again neither the ones I'd pick, nor the one's I thought would get through I'm proving rubbish at this. I'm no Paul the Octopus!). In the end with a decent margin the qualifiers are:

Lee Carter

Neil Googe