Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Simon Harrison or Colin Wilson

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 November, 2020, 06:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Colin Wilson - his rogue held its own against Cam and that isn't easy.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

JayzusB.Christ

I really hate to say this, but I'm not really a fan of Colin Wilson.  I don't know why; he's pretty much flawless as a comics storyteller and is a better artist than I'll ever be, but for some reason I can't explain his style doesn't quite click with me.

I love Simon Harrison though. He was a perfect fit for Revere and Bradley, and I even loved his Strontium Dog.

Simon for me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Leigh S

Got to be Colin Wilson - the man is a genius who did a definitive Dredd AND Rogue -only Cam Kennedy can really claim the same?

Funt Solo

Colin Wilson, for work like The Numbers Racket (progs 218-219) and his three episodes of Marauders in Rogue Trooper.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andy B

AlexF

Colin YNWA

Any last votes get them in today as I'm closing this one in the morning (Sunday).

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

First I lose Jim Baikie then you get this one wrong. BUT it was insanely close, I'Cosh's vote was the deciding factor as I'd have (clearly) gone the other way... so I'll give you all one more chance to go back and do this again properly ... okay.... hmmmm...

Oh all right then. After all I love the winners art and while I know their art can be divisive its fantastic to see them get such support... just not over Colin Wilson huh. He's one of my absolute favourites!

In Round 2 goes

Simon Harrison

Bolt-01

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

It would have been a surprise before the tournament, but after his clear Round 1 victory, it was decidedly less so. Revere says: "Cheers, 2000AD Forum!"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01