Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Glenn Fabry or Ron Smith

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 November, 2020, 06:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Oh, I don't know. I thought I had a fairly clear internal hierarchy of artists, but this is really hard. I love Fabry's Slaine, but I'm going to give it to Ron Smith on the strength and volume of his contributions to Dredd. Plus, he drew The Lurker and Alien Seeds, which are two of my favourites.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

PsychoGoatee

Ron Smith.

Big fan of his visual storytelling. Not to say that every time, but it's how I explain voting for the guy who's art I'd find less aesthetically pleasing than his competitor.

Colin YNWA

Relatively quiet on this thread and I suspect that might be folks struggling to make a call between these two titans. If you can make a decision make it today as I'll be counting this one up in the morning and annoucing who is through to Round 2.

credo

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Predictably plenty of votes and praise for both art droids here, but decisions have to be made and in this instance I'd have gone along with the Droid through to the next round

Ron Smith

Magnetica

It's good to see such love for Ron, but I am surprised Fabry didn't win. And it was even very close.

ming

I'd have voted for Fabry but didn't get chance over the weekend :-(  Still, can't complain about the mighty Ron moving forward...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 November, 2020, 06:27:54 AM
VOTING CLOSED

Predictably plenty of votes and praise for both art droids here, but decisions have to be made and in this instance I'd have gone along with the Droid through to the next round

Ron Smith

I don't feel too bad about my candidate not getting through.  I might prefer Glenn Fabry's work, but Ron was an absolute master of the craft and the Dreddworld wouldn't be the Dreddworld without him.  Even the film - the good one, obviously - looked more like his Dredd and MC1 than anyone else's.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Dunno how I missed voting is in this one, but my man won anyway. Fabry is amazing,  but Ron Smith was Ron Smith.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!