Main Menu

The Witcher Netflix Series

Started by broodblik, 04 September, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

I enjoyed it as well. It doesn't take itself too seriously but there's enough going on with the characters and structure to keep it interesting. I particularly enjoyed that all bar the last two episodes had a discrete story for the Witcher himself, even while the other story threads continued on their GoT-like way.

Funt Solo

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 January, 2020, 11:01:47 AM
I know it's a mistake, but I'm itching to.play the games now.

I've read the books and watched the show: so the games are also calling me. I'm resisting on the basis that they'll be an enormous time sink.

I always loved Xena's sense of fun, so I find comparisons from that vector endearing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dr Feeley Good

I've been playing the game after watching the show, really enjoying it, I do imagine it's going to take me a long time, I got the game of the year one with all the dlc. But up yo now it's kept me interested and is very varied..

Magnetica

Finished the first season last night.

I thought it was great.

Really enjoyed the non-linear story telling, once I had worked out that was what was going on.

Looking forward to more.

Unfortunately read a bit of a spoiler reading the character biographies on Wikipedia thinking the page was for the TV series, when it was actually for the books. 😬

Magnetica

Did anyone watch season 2? Surprised there is no chat on here about it.

I just finished it last night and oh my, was it complicated. Great, but complicated.

Think I will need to re-watch the whole thing, as things I had assumed where throw away in season one, turned out to be fundamental.

And there is a huge set of characters, so it will be good to go back and see where we first met them.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Magnetica on 10 February, 2022, 10:14:34 AM

I just finished it last night and oh my, was it complicated. Great, but complicated.

Think I will need to re-watch the whole thing, as things I had assumed where throw away in season one, turned out to be fundamental.

And there is a huge set of characters, so it will be good to go back and see where we first met them.

Yep watched and enjoyed though I thought it decent enough to want me to watch season 3. I don't know how many seasons they hope to get out of this but I hope they don't drag it out - at least 1 more action packed but no more than 2 should be satisfactory.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 February, 2022, 10:16:22 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 10 February, 2022, 10:14:34 AM

Yep watched and enjoyed though I thought it decent enough to want me to watch season 3. I don't know how many seasons they hope to get out of this but I hope they don't drag it out - at least 1 more action packed but no more than 2 should be satisfactory.

Well they have eight books and three games* to draw from, but they seemed to largely ignore the source material and added in a lot of their own stuff for this series. The results are a mixed bag.

*four if you count the DLC
You may quote me on that.

Dandontdare

I binged it in the first week! What strikes me about Witcher is how dense it feels, in a good way. After the first few eps of s:1 I had to check the running time, as at the end of an hour, you felt you'd watched a two hour movie, whereas many series  (Walking Dead springs to mind) feel like it takes three episodes to cover half an hour of plot advancement.

Mardroid

I watched and enjoyed it. I'm.... not sure about that prequel series from the advertisement though.  Far too early to judge, of course; I'm just going by a short bit of footage, but it did feel a bit cheesy. Happy to give it a chance, though.