Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I don't have anything against the Facebook groups but there's a lot of passive aggressive drama alert types in them, which i'm waaaay over. That kind of negative engagement is exhausting.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 August, 2019, 03:23:00 PM
What exactly is Tharg the Yuppie doing with his left hand?

You'd have to ask Simon Fraser!

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 17 August, 2019, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 17 August, 2019, 12:41:51 PM
I almost felt sorry for this guy, until I read the last sentence. Yuck!

He clearly should have called it the Lawrod.

Tell it to the Lawmaster!

paddykafka

Quote from: sheridan on 18 August, 2019, 08:39:31 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 17 August, 2019, 12:41:51 PM
I almost felt sorry for this guy, until I read the last sentence. Yuck!

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/relationships/2000-ad-reader-ruins-date-by-saying-woman-looks-zarjaz

That link didn't work for me, just took me to the daily mash homepage.  This version did (with a timestamp):
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/relationships/2000-ad-reader-ruins-date-by-saying-woman-looks-zarjaz-20190817188287

Thanks for fixing that link for me, Sheridan.

The thought just occurred to me: Is Mr Booker a MEMBER of this forum? :P

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2019, 02:38:04 PM
Shouldn't this species of data be presented on The Roger Godpleton Memorial "Thin Ice Awards" Thread?

Go on I DARE you!  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 18 August, 2019, 03:28:07 PM
Presumably, a similar proportion of Daves look at stuff on this forum without bothering to share their thoughts on Arthur Ransom or Absolam. Turns out the forum really does need a LIKE button:

I'm not Dave (and nor's my wife) but although I'm here pretty much each and every day of my life - however briefly - I rarely comment on threads any more. Bet there's a fair few who are similar.

Even though entries had been dwindling, I do think the shutting down of the art comps chased off a fair few of the last creative/arty types. The tumbleweeds became very noticeable for a while after that.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 August, 2019, 10:12:23 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2019, 02:38:04 PM
Shouldn't this species of data be presented on The Roger Godpleton Memorial "Thin Ice Awards" Thread?

Go on I DARE you!  :lol:

I'm not that brave!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Today, the art of Burdising reaches new, hitherto unexplored heights, thanks to the novel addition of a third title

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

Quote from: Frank on 21 August, 2019, 02:27:23 PM

Today, the art of Burdising reaches new, hitherto unexplored heights, thanks to the novel addition of a third title

So was that you or a Commando Forces raid?
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Hawkmumbler

[Wednesday, 9:30AM, WHSmiths up the back arse of god knows where]

[Asset from here on known as the Burdis Bomb deployed at 9:45AM]

[9:50AM, Asset successfully decimates all competition, not a single copy of Photographers Monthly remains to be seen]

Dandontdare

10,000 posts ... but despite thinking for months that I should keep an eye out for the big 10k, I still missed it. Bah!

Only 693 to go and I push Paulvonscott out of the top 10.

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 August, 2019, 09:17:01 PM
10,000 posts ... but despite thinking for months that I should keep an eye out for the big 10k, I still missed it. Bah!

Only 693 to go and I push Paulvonscott out of the top 10.