Main Menu

RESULTS THREAD. I Heart 2000AD. Feb/Mar Art Comp.

Started by Kerrin, 04 April, 2011, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

The results are in! Thanks again to everyone who took the time to enter and vote. We had a huge number of voters and the quality of entries was astounding.

Let's get to it, (sorry for the rush, doing this before work).

In 3rd with a fabulous salmon leaping Slaine is the paint maestro...

J T PEGG

In 2nd we have a beautifully depicted portrait of everybody's favourite intergalactic delinquents. Put your appendages together for Mr...

DARREN STEPHENS

Pausing briefly to honourably mention the phenomenal sculpting skills of MANGAMAX. We move on to...

1st place, and a full page of Thrillpower packed GENIUS from a new comer to the Comp. This was picked by virtually every single voter in one position or another, it is of course, the dazzling debutante...

DAVID FRANKUM

HURRAH!.

Take a bow David and enjoy your well deserved victory!

Then, have a good old ponder on what you would like to set as the next Comp's subject. PM me if you have any questions as to what we've already had subject wise.

Thanks again folks, this was a real doozy of a comp and we'll get the next one rolling soon as.

Cheers, Kerrin.

Colin YNWA

Congratulations to one and all. Here's to the next un.

Thanks to Kerrin once again as well.

bluemeanie

Steven Denton

Worthy Winner. I have seen some of DAVID FRANKUM's work for zarjaz and MFB, the guy is bloody good.

Good work everybody and Thanks for voting for me or even thinking about voting for me. See you all for the next one!

David Frankum

To all,

Thank you all very much for your kind votes and comments. It was great to be part of a great, fun competition. What I loved about the competition was that there wasn't two enteries the same. They were all very diverse both in styles and ideas which to me, is what 2000ad has always been about. Fantastic!

Thank you once again and I'll put my thinking cap on and try and come up with a good theme for the next competition.

Right, I'd best find the missing part of my finger and dig out the insurance papers for the house and car...

All the best, catch you soon  :)

David Frankum.

Darren Stephens

Well done, David. An excellent and worthy winning entry. Thanks to all who took part and to those who voted. Really loved seeing all the work from so many talented folks on here. Cheers also to Mr Kerrin, of course. So looking forward to what David comes up with for the next one.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SuperSurfer

Well done to the winners and all who entered – cracking stuff.

Looking forward to the next one.

And many thank yous to Kerrin.

Emperor

Well done everyone - it was a cracked of a competition.

Thanks to Kerrin for running again.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

Hoagy

I cannot write here, how much I appreciate the heart you've put into these competitions Kerrin. I've tried a few ways and none really translated the true account of your dedication. Cheers mate.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Kerrin

Jeez fellas, thanks for the thanks, much appreciated, but it's really not much of a chore and I enjoy doing it. Apart from when the photobucket NAZIS get uppity...GRRRR, I hates them photobucket Nazis.

vzzbux

A worthy winner.
I didn't get a chance to vote this weekend as I was piss then hung over. Why does it take me over a day to recover from a sesh now. I can remember when I used to get totally paraletic and still be able to rise fresh for the next day. blah blah drone drone

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jake Lynch

Curses - foiled again!

Congratulations, David, A WELL WORTHY WINNER!!
@ArtDroid_Lynch

uncle fester

A hearty well done to Mr Frankum, and everyone else :)

Kerrin

We've got a provisional subject for the Comp from the victorious David Frankum. Emperor is going to brave ++THE DATABASE++ and see if it's too similar to previous comps (which I don't think it is), and then I'll get the new Comp running later tonight or, more likely, tomorrow evening.

That is all.