Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

His what now?

Nothing to do with me, that one... the only ones I've removed were the two from that particular poster.

Steve Green

I don't even know if I can override comments flagged as spam as the uploader. Tried clicking on it but it didn't seem to do much.

There were a few other false positives on there. I don't know how much is automatic or how much is just other youtube users dicking around.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: sauchie on 12 May, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 12 May, 2013, 09:13:26 PM
Cheers - removed... I was in 2 minds about whether to allow comments or not, knowing what youtube is like, and not really wanting to spend time moderating comments.

Now that's swift and effective moderation! Are you paying attention, Rich? All JOE SOAP's comments appear to be flagged as spam too, so Steve really has all his bases covered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWBlDC2-ss

Steve Green

You need to get a pair of those glasses, Rich.

The Adventurer

If there is one thing I would have added to Judge Minty, if I had been making the final cut, it would have been at the very end, when Minty was about to shoot the surviving raider. I'd have had a little flashback to 5 year old Minty being accepted to the Academy of Law. Just to drive home the parallel between how vicious criminals and cursed earth raiders, are products of their environments, and so are Judges.

I mean, we as Judge Dredd fans know how young a Judge's life starts. But the film doesn't really make it clear. And since 'how you're raised' is sort of the overall theme of the thing, it would have been a nice touch, I think, to tie it all together.

Though I can completely understand why that sort of scene would have been left out. Since it would have required another shoot, and a child actor of some kind. But it would have been a nice touch I think.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Steve Green

It's a fair point, there is the cadet in the background of the Long Walk scene, but maybe more could have been made of him, I don't think it was necessary to show Minty himself in flashback, it would have been enough to have made more of the induction of cadets from an early age.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: The Adventurer on 12 May, 2013, 09:58:36 PM
I'd have had a little flashback to 5 year old Minty being accepted to the Academy of Law. Just to drive home the parallel between how vicious criminals and cursed earth raiders, are products of their environments, and so are Judges.

I'd have thought it was fairly clear what the message there was, but perhaps that's cause I know the history well?  I guess if it was for those less well informed, non fans and such seeing this just as a wee internet film like, that would have been a nice touch. 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Bat King

My son got it, he is only a casual reader of Dredd but he got it. He said it was a great ending with a reprise of the thoughts at the beginning plus the fact Judges are taken as a child & for them it is more or less fight or die...

So I think only non-readers would possibly only see the pattern of him wantining to give more chances but that he can't.

This is one of the MANY spoilers I've been sat on all this time..l.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Banners

Quote from: The Adventurer

Though I can completely understand why that sort of scene would have been left out. Since it would have required another shoot, and a child actor of some kind. But it would have been a nice touch I think.

I think that would have been way too sentimental. The ending resonates perfectly as it is.

Steve Green

There are some extra bits from the voiceover guys here, with some extended bits of CCTV/Tests/Unused footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1iBThTAi8g&feature=youtu.be

CrazyFoxMachine

Watched Minty with my missus who's never seen it and she was blown away!

Now... to construct some sort of DIY DVD of it so it can sit on my shelf. AHEM Radiator. AHHEEEMMMM.

Steve Green

Spikes

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2013, 03:35:06 PM
There are some extra bits from the voiceover guys here, with some extended bits of CCTV/Tests/Unused footage.

Oh, now thats good Steve. Think id happily listen to that radio chatter all day!

Cactus

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2013, 03:35:06 PM

That's really nice. Get Judge Burdis in for evaluation though - he totally missed those two juves taking the mick behind him.  ;)

"Judge Minty extended audio pt 1" - so there'll be more?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Steve Green

He is getting soft in his old age...

Yeah there will be a part 2. Mainly ads and jingles.