Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

So no work for last six monthe and moved to London, so sorry can't go. Have fun.

So, if a few of us set up a contingency fund for CFM and Goaty??  I'll throw in £20.  This is a unique event and I'd feel shite knowing fellow Squax couldnt get due to straited circumstances.  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'm more than happy to chip into any effort to get some of the good folk here down there. Hope to get to TB to help sort out.

Mardroid

Quote from: Albion on 13 October, 2016, 03:27:38 PM
Yeah, lets do this for the CrazyFoxMachine. He shall go to the ball.

But only if he wears the requisite gown too.  :lol:

It's a tad pricey, but I'd like to come. I finished a temp job last week. Hopefully there will be more work by then.

ZenArcade

Well if someone in the London area sets up as the purser, I'll pay pal money over. Z

CrazyFoxMachine

ZenArcade

Don't you boys be worring....everyone's going!!! Z

CrazyFoxMachine

Honestly chaps deeply honoured and touched but I reckon I can get the funds together in the next few weeks! ...it's the pumpkin coach I'm going to have trouble with  :lol:

Forever baffled when people say this place is terrible, you guys are the bees knees.

Mikey

I too has a ticket! And would happily throw a few groats in to help a squaxx out.

There's no cast iron guarantee I'll be able to actually attend, but all plans will be put in place anyway. It'll be my second ever con/event thing!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Rex Banner

Owen, travel arrangements yet to be finalised but will certainly give you a lift if we're driving.

Tony Angelino

Never been to any of these kind of conventions but that looks like a great line up. I would love to see Alan Davis, Brian Bolland and Ian Gibson there too.

I don't think I can justify going at this stage but may change my mind. 

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Rex Banner on 13 October, 2016, 09:28:24 PM
Owen, travel arrangements yet to be finalised but will certainly give you a lift if we're driving.

Blimey :D Thanks chap would be honoured to join you in a road trip to the capital!

Steve Green

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 13 October, 2016, 09:33:52 PM
Never been to any of these kind of conventions but that looks like a great line up. I would love to see Alan Davis, Brian Bolland and Ian Gibson there too.

I don't think I can justify going at this stage but may change my mind.

Ian quit 2000AD around 2007, then there was the thing with the topless 'Halo Jones' prints at a Bristol Con a couple of years back. It would be great if he appeared, but I wouldn't be surprised if he passed on it.

Tony Angelino

I hadn't heard about the topless Halo Jones. That might explain why the last Halo Jones collection had a relatively dull cover by a different artist.

He's still one of the 2000 AD greats though. Loved his early Dredds and Robo-Hunter.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

Might it be easier to declare who isn't going to attend this thing?! Should be quite a do.