Main Menu

Anyone for traveling to Hi-Ex in a minibus next year!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 17 September, 2009, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

All of us can't go, if there's a huge accident, the board is dead.

Queen Firey-Bou

This is a brilliant idea !

( not the huge accident bit - you'd be off my patch so I couldnt do my jaws of life rescue on you all I'm afraid- best drive careful instead )

this has to happen now, with live video feed & docu-style interactive madness !

Can't wait !

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Garageman on 17 September, 2009, 11:35:22 PM
All of us can't go, if there's a huge accident, the board is dead.

And therein is the dramatic irony that fuels said future Hugh Grant/ Mark Hardy movie:

A bunch of hardcore 2000AD fans show their love of the comic by hiring a double decker bus to make it to a convention in the wilds of Scotland. They crash and die and as a result the comic's circulation halves and is cancelled. Eep.

SBT

Bolt-01

I heartily endorse this idea and think it should happen.
Of course I'll be taking the trusty Bolt-mobile up to Jockland as I'll have a boot full of top quality comics to sell, but if I was just going up as a punter this would be ideal.

Satanist

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 September, 2009, 06:30:06 PMIf this takes off we may fill more than one ... we may even get ourselves a CONVOY! I'll bet you've got the radios CF! Ten ten!

More Helltrek than Convoy! ;)

I live in cursed earth Scotland so its ok for me to slag it. Ive always wanted to go to Hi ex as it sounds ace. If everyone else goes then I must try harder to get along.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

locustsofdeath!

I am a definate for this. Got clearance from the wife last night.

Haven't been to a con in ages (2005, San Diego Comic Con), so I look forward to this.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 18 September, 2009, 10:08:23 AM
I am a definate for this. Got clearance from the wife last night.

Haven't been to a con in ages (2005, San Diego Comic Con), so I look forward to this.

Great news, Locusts!
In fact - this thread is one of the reasons to love this board! Where the hell else would you get something like this!?

TordelBack

QuoteGot clearance from the wife last night.

Highland clearance, you might say.   

uncle fester

The van has to have a big badge of justice on the front!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: uncle fester on 18 September, 2009, 11:25:28 AM
The van has to have a big badge of justice on the front!

Van? I think it has to be called an H-Wagon for this trip!

TordelBack

QuoteThe van has to have a big badge of justice on the front!

Or an effigy of Bad Bob Booth.

locustsofdeath!

If enough of us bring video cameras to document the Helltrek, it could be quite entertaining. I volunteeer to edit it together!

SmallBlueThing

If enough of us do this, it could be a seminal experience (he says with no hint of irony). However, there is one person who, geographically, is probably ruled out- so to make it entirely representative of the board when future generations come to view the footage, I suggest a Guy Fawkes style Thryllseeker attached to the roof, fist raised against oncoming traffic.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Okay, today I'm on the costings mission. I'm going to be looking at everything from a 7 seater up to a 15 seater. Will have more on that later.

TordelBack