Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: bluemeanie on 30 November, 2010, 02:15:48 PM
Totally put off by the whole VIP thing.

Plus I'm sure I can get the whole con experience by just watching my twitter as everyone sends "Im just bought @wossy 's comic! Ive not read it but its great! Please RT @wossy!" updates every ten fucking seconds.

Kind of agree with you here. The whole VIP thing is the opposite of what we try to do with HiEx, but then- they'se guys aren't doing a HiEx style show...
But I was more amazed by the claim that there are no other British comic events!

Kev Levell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 November, 2010, 02:40:29 PM
But I was more amazed by the claim that there are no other British comic events!

That'll be in the same way that 'Clint' is the only UK comic...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: KevLev on 30 November, 2010, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 November, 2010, 02:40:29 PM

That'll be in the same way that 'Clint' is the only UK comic...

Heh! True!

Proudhuff

The VIP thing sounds a bit wanky, but I imagine the obsessive fanboys can be very annoying haranging you about the number of links in Dredd's chain while you're trying to get pissed on free bevie, or indeed when you're drawing giant c~~ks in the tabletop slops
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 November, 2010, 04:54:20 PM
The VIP thing sounds a bit wanky, but I imagine the obsessive fanboys can be very annoying haranging you about the number of links in Dredd's chain while you're trying to get pissed on free bevie, or indeed when you're drawing giant c~~ks in the tabletop slops

Honestly - in many comic cons the seperation is rarely pros/non-pros it's more people with people skills/people without people skills.

Many 'pros' are obsessive fanboys...

-pj

Lady Festina

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 November, 2010, 04:54:20 PM
drawing giant c~~ks in the tabletop slops

Off topic, I know, but that's a great phrase! Like Paul Weller wrote a song about a con....

Anyhoo, opinion divided here: do we:

a) pay up, go to Kapow, walk around feeling slightly baffled;

b) not pay up, go to Islington, hang out in the pub and wait for Forum Folk to join us;

c) organise competing small press event in friendly local hostelry for same days, thus providing home for all boarders and access to Millar's market for small press folks (steal his socks from under him - bwa ha ha ha).....

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Lady Festina on 30 November, 2010, 07:03:55 PM

c) organise competing small press event in friendly local hostelry for same days, thus providing home for all boarders and access to Millar's market for small press folks (steal his socks from under him - bwa ha ha ha).....

Now that sounds like a very positive idea! Easy for me to say but go for it

Richmond Clements

Another thing that someone pointed out on Twitter earlier was the fact that the, admittedly impressive, guest list contains no women.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 November, 2010, 07:11:23 PM
Another thing that someone pointed out on Twitter earlier was the fact that the, admittedly impressive, guest list contains no women.

"Women?" replied Mark, scratching his head with a twenty pound note. "Women? Sorry, mate, ye've lost me there."

Richmond Clements

Heh.
I'm pretty sure that you physically can't have a convention nowadays without the divine Sarah MacIntyre working her magic at it.
It may even be a Universal Law.

matty_ae

I welcome Mark Millar but I'm still committed to Bristol and Bham for the love those organisers put in.

Weird that people are thrilled to be meeting Steve Yeowell and Kev O'Neil when they ahve both appeared at Bristol and Brum respectively.

Millar has definitely attracted huge names back like Brian Bolland - I guess like an American Con it may be a very different experience.

SO PLEASE SUPPORT BRISTOL AND BRUM AS WELL

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Lady Festina on 30 November, 2010, 07:03:55 PM

This could be the start of something big - !

Peter Wolf

gone and bought a weekend ticket.

The VIP ticket sounds like something you would win on a mobile phone promotional competition so i skipped that bit plus the drinks wont be free anyway as they never are.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

It looks like the London Forum Gathering all over again  :D

Colin Zeal

Quote from: matty_ae on 30 November, 2010, 07:52:18 PM

Weird that people are thrilled to be meeting Steve Yeowell and Kev O'Neil when they ahve both appeared at Bristol and Brum respectively.

If Bristol or Birmingham were a 15 minute bus ride from my house then I would be equally as excited by them. Sadly they're not while this is.