Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2012 - 11th - 18th November 2012

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 15 May, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

Remember the convo' we had about the first DREDD picture that can out about a year or so go Mr. Doyle.  There was a real buzz about the film going through the event that year. :-)

Dunk!

Hotel all booked for this.

Looking forward to it.

Kate Beaton especially.
"Trust we"

Large48

Albion if you are thinking of going, let me know maybe do a Hell Trek thing to Thought Bubble?

CF you up for that?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Albion

Quote from: Large48 on 28 May, 2012, 03:44:28 PM
Albion if you are thinking of going, let me know maybe do a Hell Trek thing to Thought Bubble?

CF you up for that?

Sounds good to me.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

Could be but I'll let someone else drive this time  ;)

Albion

I was looking at ways to travel to Leeds today as its not easy for me to take the car for a whole weekend these days as Mrs Albion can't use her works van anymore.
It used to be OK for her to use it but someone else in the company took the piss so any use other than for work has been stopped. They've just fitted trackers to the vans too. I don't like leaving her without the car In case she has to do anything for her mother.

It seems easier to get to Hi-Ex than Yorkshire.  :o

Dodsy

Me and the wife and hopefully making the trip this year. We had tickets and hotel booked for last year but I feel really ill the week before (could have lost my hearing) so couldn't make it. I wanted to go the year before (2010) but she wanted to get married lol.So really looking forwards to experiencing TB.

Question for those who have been before: How do the signings work? I know the likes of 2000AD have people signing through the weekend but how do the other guests go about it?
I'd really like to meet Jason Aaron this year so would he have his own table or are the signings scheduled like at Kapow?

Cheers for the help.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Large48

Albion, sure we can arrange to get you from a local train station etc (Croydon maybe?) to help out.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

dracula1

Quote from: dodsy on 29 May, 2012, 12:49:28 PM
Me and the wife and hopefully making the trip this year. We had tickets and hotel booked for last year but I feel really ill the week before (could have lost my hearing) so couldn't make it. I wanted to go the year before (2010) but she wanted to get married lol.So really looking forwards to experiencing TB.

Question for those who have been before: How do the signings work? I know the likes of 2000AD have people signing through the weekend but how do the other guests go about it?
I'd really like to meet Jason Aaron this year so would he have his own table or are the signings scheduled like at Kapow?

Cheers for the help.

They have their own tables and you queue up. Its all very civilized and relaxed.

My favourite moment last year was talking to Mick McMahon at his table early Sunday morning at the events. He mentioned he was returning to 2000ad duties with a cover and talked about his blog ... Tugging your coat. I was totally star struck what a lovely bloke.  :-)

Dodsy

They have their own tables and you queue up. Its all very civilized and relaxed.

My favourite moment last year was talking to Mick McMahon at his table early Sunday morning at the events. He mentioned he was returning to 2000ad duties with a cover and talked about his blog ... Tugging your coat. I was totally star struck what a lovely bloke.  :-)

That's great. So Mr Aaron (there are more I want to meet he just stands out lol) should just either be there all weekend or have a schedule up at some point at the times he will be there?
Twitter - @dodsy84

dracula1

From what I recall most of the artists just set up camp at their tables over the weekend and come and go when the desire for a beer beckons!

Albion

Quote from: Large48 on 29 May, 2012, 04:26:27 PM
Albion, sure we can arrange to get you from a local train station etc (Croydon maybe?) to help out.

Ooooh, Mr Large that sounds like an idea. Trains are easy from here. I even looked at trains, planes and coaches all the way to Leeds.

Dunk!

Tickets have gone on sale for this and the guest list is looking better and betterererer IMHO.
"Trust we"

Dodsy

Booked mine and the wifes ticket last night. Really looking forward to this now. Guest list just keeps getting better and better.
Twitter - @dodsy84

mygrimmbrother

Planning to go this year. Have to get me arse into gear and get those tickets booked.