Main Menu

Wii advice....

Started by Buddy, 07 August, 2007, 02:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Oh and what's the word on the streets about ENDLESS OCEAN?

I'm worried it'll be like Pokemon Snap but with realistic looking fish.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

WoD

You have to pay for the browser these days.

The Amstor Computer

Oh and what's the word on the streets about ENDLESS OCEAN?

You play as a diver in a fictional tropical location. You can dive freely in many locations, exploring huge, varied underwater environments (from coral reefs to the abyssal depths) or accept "missions" (guiding a tourist around a certain area, photographing particular fish for a magazine) and there are a couple of plotlines to follow involving ancient ruins and a quest for a very unusual animal.

You can also swim with a friend over Wi-Fi, showing each other hidden locations and fish that you might otherwise miss.

There are dozens of different sea creatures, from tiny parrotfish up to whale sharks & humpback whales (that you can hitch a ride with!) and taking in obscure beasties like vampire squid and the megamouth shark. All of these can be added to your aquarium, and part of the appeal of game is finding and learning more about each creature (done through stroking or playing with them) to build up your sealife encyclopaedia.

Throw in a Hayley Westenra soundtrack (though with the option to use your own MP3s if you prefer!) and some very pretty graphics and you've got a really special mix.

It is fairly slow-paced, though, and it is quite unlike most of the games on the market right now. IMO, it's definitely worth it, especially at the bargain price of £20 it's retailing for.

Buddy

Wii Sports is the game you'll keep coming back to.

You're not wrong there M@.. I'm a fuckin deamon on the golf... pity it's just 9 holes, best score so far is -3 but I just know I can do better. They should release a full 18 hole version of this with all the stuff you would expect from a golf game on the wii.

I picked up a golf game for the boy (no. It's for me) for crimbo but even reading the instructions I just know it's not gonna be as good as wii sports golf.

I'll also pic up endless Ocean if only for the wi-fi interaction... Why, oh why arn't there more wi-fi games!!! That wii sports package is made for it.. playing bowling or boxing or golf against an opponent onling would fucking rock the foundations!!!

What other wi-fi games are available, and what games would you recommend for a young son.

He loves Mercury Meltdown, Cooking Mama, Kororinpa (or whatever it's called), Raving Rabbids (the most crazy game I have EVER come across) and puzzle type games.

Man, I can not wait until crimbo to play this stuff.. Ho, Ho, Ho!

And what's with the popularity of the wii this crimbo... sold out everywhere, going for 300 odd quid online.. my mate even contemplated trading in his xbox 360 for a wii! I told him to just hang on he'd get on eventually. It's just crazy!!!

I heard the wii was out selling the nearest console by 3-1. too right to, it is fantastic.

I know other consoles may have better involved games with really complicated plots and I'm sure they are fantastic.. but I just do not have the time to devote to these games and my son isn't interested in them.

For me the wii just cannot be bettered for pick up and play satisfaction.

Now if there was just a spectrum emulator for the wii, I could play manic minor and jet pac.

Buddy

If I supply you peeps with my Wii code (and you put me in) will I then get some of your Mii's on my machine? The boy is desperate to get visitors for the parade thing.

Didn't work for me with the few people I linked up with... didn't get new mii's on my machine. if you linked with me did my mii appear on your machine.

That's what I thought would happen.

Tiplodocus

Really?

I got a note saying I'd have to pay for the browser but nothing since.  DO you only have to pay if you download a new version of it?

It must be said, I've not been tempted by online play on the Wii yet.  For some reason I think multiplayer games should be played with the other person in the room. Too many late but hugely enjoyable nights with flatmates playing Mario Kart and Goldeneye to blame.

There's a brilliant Doctor Zoidberg and Jack Black available on Mii Contest. For the life of me, I can't see how people create some of these - tehy really seem to have features that aren't available in the normal Mii editor?  Any idea how people do it?

If they ever realease a camera style peripheral for the Wii it should be made law that it includes a facility to automatically generate a Mii from your photo.  

The Amstor Computer

I can't see how people create some of these - tehy really seem to have features that aren't available in the normal Mii editor? Any idea how people do it?

You do it by using facial elements like eyebrows, beauty spots or glasses. For example, the recent King Arthur competition on the Contest Channel had dozens of entrants who had created â??crownsâ? for their Mii by rotating, raising and recolouring eyebrows so they appeared to wrap round the forehead as a kind of circlet. With care you can swap the position of many facial elements to let you create unusual effects â?? it just takes a lot of fiddling around with!

WoD

The Browser WAS free, but then that was stopped and they released a more 'fully funtioned' browser.

Judge Olde

Hi all

I found this site very useful with info about buying a Wii. Good luck finding one in stock (if you didn't already)

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk

Link: http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk

Tiplodocus

I updated my browser (don't know if it's the fully functioned one but it had a better zoom on the + button and little arrows showing as you drag things across).

And I'm definitely not paying for it.  Maybe I just timed it right.

If it's not too expensive, I'd recommend the browser anyway. Tiny Tips can fire up the Wii and internet browser and get to his favourite pages (phases of the moon for homework) in about a tenth of the time and without the hassle of starting up the PC.

I think I shall buy ENDLESS OCEAN then.  ANd send a copy to my relatives up in Orkney so we can go diving together.