Main Menu

Meg352. Where do you stand on the CalHab question?

Started by Proudhuff, 09 September, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

Quote from: sauchie karate club on 13 September, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 13 September, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
I don't know where I stand. Right now all I can concentrate on is Dredd's shiny buttocks.

Just when you were making some headway with the ladies.

As someone who is entirely comfortable with his sexuality all I can say is that I am just saying out loud what everybody else was thinking. :think: :lol:

Staying on topic... kudos for another cover with a speech bubble. Are they making a comeback?
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

J.Smith

Got this on the Saturday like everyone else but hadn't bothered to check it out beyond the nice cover and floppy. Turns out the shitty letter I wrote a few months ago was printed (all three horrid letters I've written have been printed, madly enough), which means I just got back from dropping my sister off at work to find a free graphic novel waiting for me. Honestly, I thought I'd probably get something I already have - a Case Files volume was my bet - but unbelievably, they've sent me a copy of Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu Earth Vol. 4!

So, yeah, thanks for that. The best thing about is that it was truthfully the only volume I was really interested in, simply for John Smith's Cinnabar, so getting this as my free book was quite the treat.

Proudhuff

Three letters and not a Buttonman in sight!!   :lol:

A fine topical cover with one of Dog Deevers Descendants giving it lallday

Dredd Dead Zone; excellent art and storytelling from the mighty Flnt, and the Big W knocking it out the park.

Great ad for the jump-on prog 1900, who's that on art duties? Get Whet! indeed, so that will be 3 eight-pagers?

Text bit
...Pat Mills: Brothers in Arms. Mrs Mills laddie doing what he does best.
Wild's End a nice interview with the creators of this top notch tale.

Lawless; Gratuitous semi-skud shots aside, shaping up nicely, as long as that Gorilla does go all urbane and become a side kick

The men from the Ministry: nothing like the radio show, [spoiler]1966?[/spoiler] ggggrrrrr  ;)

texting: John Layman and Eddie Robson are interrogated

Dredd Uprising:
Some nice art and further intrigue (and disappearing handcuffs)
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 September, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
giving it lallday

The way you spelt that makes it sound like when Jackie Bird or Kirsty Wark try to drop a bit of the vernacular into the introduction for a bit of video, when they put too much stress on the wrong syllable and say the couthy phrase as if it's in quotation marks - for generations of Glaswegians, a holiday meant going 'doon the wat-ter'... - before plunging straight back into their pretendy posh voice.

Always sound like they've just picked up a dirty nappie with fireplace tongs, and are holding it at arms length as they hurry away to fire it in the outside bucket.

Steve Green

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 September, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
Three letters and not a Buttonman in sight!!   :lol:

A fine topical cover with one of Dog Deevers Descendants giving it lallday

Dredd Dead Zone; excellent art and storytelling from the mighty Flnt, and the Big W knocking it out the park.

Great ad for the jump-on prog 1900, who's that on art duties? Get Whet! indeed, so that will be 3 eight-pagers?

Text bit
...Pat Mills: Brothers in Arms. Mrs Mills laddie doing what he does best.
Wild's End a nice interview with the creators of this top notch tale.

Lawless; Gratuitous semi-skud shots aside, shaping up nicely, as long as that Gorilla does go all urbane and become a side kick

The men from the Ministry: nothing like the radio show, [spoiler]1966?[/spoiler] ggggrrrrr  ;)

texting: John Layman and Eddie Robson are interrogated

Dredd Uprising:
Some nice art and further intrigue (and disappearing handcuffs)

That'll be Greg Staples on the 1900 cover...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

I honestly think the Meg is knocking spots off the Prog at the minute. All four strips are brilliant - I can't wait to see a collected Man from the Ministry and the art on Lawless is a joy to behold.
And with Lobster Random as the floppy reprint next month Tharg is really spoiling us!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

James Stacey

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 15 September, 2014, 09:33:06 PM
I honestly think the Meg is knocking spots off the Prog at the minute. All four strips are brilliant - I can't wait to see a collected Man from the Ministry and the art on Lawless is a joy to behold.
And with Lobster Random as the floppy reprint next month Tharg is really spoiling us!
Have to agree with this, the Meg is where it's at for me. I still find the concept of a comic book version of a film version of the comic book version a bit odd but the story is good and it seems to sell well in the states. Wagner and Flint are knocking it out of the park on Dredd. MFTM is a lot of fun and seems to have captured the spirit of the 50s/60s serials well. Dangerously long hair and t&a shots aside, Lawless is well written, rattling along apace and the artwork is fantastic. All good stuff, other than the floppy, which I'm not sure I can face. Still, Lobster Random next month so thats OK

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

chris_askham

Quote from: J.Smith on 15 September, 2014, 12:18:14 PM
Got this on the Saturday like everyone else but hadn't bothered to check it out beyond the nice cover and floppy. Turns out the shitty letter I wrote a few months ago was printed (all three horrid letters I've written have been printed, madly enough), which means I just got back from dropping my sister off at work to find a free graphic novel waiting for me. Honestly, I thought I'd probably get something I already have - a Case Files volume was my bet - but unbelievably, they've sent me a copy of Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu Earth Vol. 4!

So, yeah, thanks for that. The best thing about is that it was truthfully the only volume I was really interested in, simply for John Smith's Cinnabar, so getting this as my free book was quite the treat.

Damn, I got an old copy of Day Of The Droids - which i've had about five variations of over the years. Not that I'm ungrateful Tharg!

dweezil2

Was that a relation of IG-88 in Dredd: Uprising?  :)

Gorgeous art all the same and really enjoying this Dredd movie-verse story.

Hope there's more planned!

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Fontwell Magma

I'm yet to read the main meg.. not sure what made me read the Calhab Justice floppy first.. but it's time I won't get back. With all the great comics coming out at the moment I can't help but feel these supplements are a waste of good reading time. Sorry!

I'm sure the meg itself is as good as ever though..

Proudhuff

still nothing from Butt'man's  lettersenteryou   :'(
DDT did a job on me