Main Menu

Meg 226 - Sex bomb

Started by Bad Andy, 15 November, 2004, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Just got my Meg - seems to be more text than usual. Not read it all yet, but the prog marks the end of the (great) Simping Detective and Anderson (apparently only 6 episodes long, but felt longer).

Mega City Noir also makes an appearance. Dredd is okay for a one-off. Nothing groundbreaking, but a welcome change from usual formula.

Not liking art on Shimura for some reason. The bare arms don't look right for some reason.

Bad Andy

Oh. Having just read Anderson I think people will be quite pleased at how it ended. Whether it could have arrived there earlier is another matter...

Wonder if Cass is going to stay bald.

Revelation 6:8

Just waiting for the pencil monkey backlash to this months article by Gordon

Oddboy

Look at the headline at the top - Tips' Pitchfest entry!

(If only...)http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/mediumres/226.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Matt Timson

"Just waiting for the pencil monkey backlash to this months article by Gordon"

I don't get the Meg- anyone want to give me the gist of it?
Pffft...

Bad Andy

Basically he's given a list of the seven worst characteristics of artists and has pulled no punches.

Here's a selection - artists are 'a bunch of unreliable flakes and deadbeats' and 'dim, shallow, self-centered nut-jobs with poor personal hygiene'.

It makes very entertaining reading though and next month he's going to have a pop at editors.

Step aside Si Spurrier, there's a new shock jock in town. Incidentally SS has some interesting things to say on Westerns (and even kind of apologises for the Spiderman 2 rant).

Dudley

Interestingly, Si's Spiderman rant has been rated the second worst thing ever to appear in the Megazine, just pipped by Soul Sisters (unfairly, IMO - have you *read* Wardog?)

Bico

So if we want to be artists, we need to stop washing, miss deadlines, be thick, and buy more mirrors for the house?
And if we want to be writers, we need to drink more and dress like David Hasselhoff? ;)

Matt Timson

'a bunch of unreliable flakes and deadbeats' and 'dim, shallow, self-centered nut-jobs with poor personal hygiene'.

I'm afraid I'll probably have to hold my hands up to 'self-centred nut-job'.  Although it sounds like a better description of a writer to me...

;)
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Wils

people in general

I tend to use the term 'twats' for them.

Nothing wrong with being a misanthrope. ;)

DavidXBrunt

Misanthrope is specifically someone who hates women I think Wils. There must be a more general term for an everybody-else hater.

Dudley

Misogynist = women-hater
Misandrist = men-hater
Misanthrope = humankind-hater

Dan Kelly

Enjoyable Meg, well the strips are as that's all I've read so far.

Anderson ends nicely - but I kinda wish I'd read the earlier half life stories as there is something missing there.

Young Middenface - like the juxtaposition of the narration and the events in the panels ;)

Simp - very nice.  Although how long would he be able to keep the suprises secret?

Dredd - a fine "long" one-off.  Possibly gave the twist away a bit too soon?

Shimura - love this as always.  But I agree with the earlier comment on the arms.  Bit odd.

Gordon's column ...
For some reason I can think of one artist who may possibly fit 4/5 (not got the meg to hand) or the categories selected.  

Dan

nobodyUK

only read Shimura and Anderson so far but I was satisfied. Nice to see even more Anderson next month.

I had a look at the columns, the usual amusing stuff and several "fuck"s sprinkled in surprisingly.

good Meg so far.