Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

excellent, think that was my favourite of the series so far

Timothy

It was good, but potentially disqualifies itself from the series as a whole [spoiler]by taking place inside number 6.[/spoiler]

Dandontdare

Quote from: Timothy on 18 January, 2018, 12:20:07 PM
It was good, but potentially disqualifies itself from the series as a whole [spoiler]by taking place inside number 6.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]that was niggling me ... until the very end, which made it all the more satisfying![/spoiler]

Dark Jimbo

Definately my favourite of this series so far. Delightfully gruesome; very twisty-turny and laugh-out-loud funny at points, too! Exactly what you want, really.

Also loved that the 'No.9' was a plotpoint!
@jamesfeistdraws

pauljholden

Quote from: Timothy on 18 January, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

Au contraire! Clever bending of the rules in order to make the rules actually a plot point!

-pj

Tiplodocus

Really enjoyed that. Minor niggles about [spoiler]how easily she was able to get to the right bits of the tape but because it was set up well[/spoiler] other than that, I'll let them off.

[spoiler]But... without the reverse structure it would have just been a straightforward tale with escalating violence. But I liked the idea of examining the way (and timing) of information being delivered to the viewer affects the impact.[/spoiler]
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

manwithnoname

[spoiler]Last night's dark Fritzl story was short on laughs, but very good. Pemberton was brilliantly creepy, and Nicola Stapleton was great, too.[/spoiler]

Tiplodocus

Previous comment is a bit spoiler. Could it be spoiler tagged?

Goaty

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 January, 2018, 02:55:53 PM

I agree too. Also good slow episode.

Fungus

Each series is better than the last  :)
Apart from the Shakespearean opener - which spent a bit too much time being farcical for me - they've been fantastic. Favourite was 'Bernie Clifton' but the 'moving house' tale might take that spot, after a repeat watching...

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 January, 2018, 02:55:53 PM

Too late for me - finally watched the episode but spent the first 20 minutes waiting for the entirely expected 'twist'

Link Prime

"And the Winner Is..."
Another enjoyable episode last night, but the twist was figured out in under 2 minutes by the missus.

Will be sad to see series 4 wrap-up next week.
With this and the recent League of Gentlemen revival, Pemberton and Shearsmith seem to have been a constant and welcome presence on the ol goggle box.

Steve Green

I'm just glad it's getting some well overdue recognition.

Tiplodocus

I was put off it because I don't find LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN the lightest bit funny. I think it was this thread that made me give it a chance. And my how I have laughed and cried. It's brilliant stuff. Mostly.

Dandontdare

"And the Winner Is..."

Lots of good character stuff, but I didn't really buy the twist - [spoiler]Firstly, I'd expect at least one of them to recognise her, and secondly it wasn't really clear how she managed to control the decision. It may be clearer on a rewatch.[/spoiler]. Thought it was the weakest of the season so far, but that's the beauty of an anthology - rather like 2000ad, if one doesn't quite float your boat, there'll be a different one along soon.