Main Menu

Prog 1391- Say, you want a revolution?

Started by Mr C, 24 May, 2004, 03:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

oh yes, Droid life, terrific! Long may it run

jont

But what on earth is this cover that everyone is talking about?

>jont(a trek away fron getting the prog)

Generally Contrary

Low Life was by far and away the best thing in this weeks prog, by some way.

Dredd was a little flat, but not bad in an old style one-off Dredd way.

A.H.A.B., well I have a suspicion of stories featuring ebola, and it hasn't pulled itself above average yet.  It still might though.

Savage has improved, and I think I'm going to enjoy it, despite some clumsy moments.  A bit like Andre the Giant.

Chopper, well, it's nice to see him back, but like some others on here I find the situation more than a bit contrived, which sours it a little.

Bartlett

Tiplodocus

Some of the stories stutter slightly this week.

A.H.A.B didn't really seem to follow up on last week's shock ending and LOW LIFE seemd to jump about a bit too (but I really loved the lie detector bit)

The SAVAGE cover was certainly dark and moody but I'm not sure a casual glance would have you thinking "That's a helmnet" and not "Why's he staring at a skip?".

Inside, SAVAGE itself is still enjoyable stuff but I'm not getting a terrific sense of "a mission" or ""this is what Bill has to do" from it. I'm enjoying the character building stuff but I think the scene setting is taking a little too long.  By now, I'd have expected us to know that Bill has to break into the maximum security bit at Heathrow airport and destroy the Volg plans for a super-tank. Or am I still thinking in a retro kind of way?

I thought that The SNOZZBOURNEs in DREDD is an idea that's a bit beyond it's sell by date. Aren't the Osbourne's sooo 2002?  Grant can be pretty funny when he wants (I love the Sawney Bean/Middenface stuff in the Meg) but this picked on an incredibly obvious target and failed to do anything in the slightest bit cutting with it. By the numbers art by Gibson didn't help.

I'm kind of glad that these four DREDD filler stories are finished. I've liked the different writer/art combinations; there should have been a couple of sure fire winners in there - but one misfired for me. We've had Wagner and Kennedy(excellent), Rennie and McCrea (average), Edgington and D'Isreali (good) and Grant and Gibson (very disappointing).

CHOPPER also stuttered a bit - Oggie Popp's defence systems are really a bit crap in a city where everyone and their dog has access to hoverboards, jetpacks, anti-grav chutes, boing and bat-gliders.  Hopefully this heisty bit is only a blip and we can get back into the who's playing who for a mug next week.

And "Droid Life" is growing on me.

Re-reading that all seems a bit negative - I'm enjoying it really, it just hasn't scaled the dizzy heights of the last few weeks.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

GrudAlmighty

I liked this week's prog, the cover was great and a fantastic line-up too, even AHAB is begining to grow on me, enjoying it. But...
...what the skev was that Dredd all about? I've said it once and I've said it again, simply changing the names of current day celebrities and putting them in the future does NOT constitute satire. And the Osbornes? Gnnnh! As the great philosopher Garth Elgar from Wayne's World would say, "Stop kidding yourself! Live in the now!!" Lame. Really lame.
Aside from that, I'd give it two thumbs up. If I hadn't chewed my thumbs off in sheer embarrasement at this week's Dredd. Hey ho!

VampiraJen

i don't care if this is the hsittiest prog ever*, i LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and it isn't, so double bonus........:) :) :)

The Monarch

well dredd wasn't all that good feels like filler before the big terror storyline next week which as an america fan (the meg strip not the country)i'm looking foward to.

Savage was excellent I am genuinly liking this and it proves that mills hasen't lost all his marbles lol.

A.H.A.B is still in Meh territory as is Lowlife

Chopper is great but like many others I still don't buy choppers gullibility.

Now that Cover!! so good I got two copies of tooth this week one to keep and one to rip the cover off and frame it i liked it that much.

opaque

I thought the cover was showing a case, so it's a helmet then? That makes more sense.

Droid Life is great :)

Dredd is just filler, long filler at that.

Savage is really good but I'm trying to see where it's going. Reminds me a lot of Armitage actually.

A.H.A.B is ok but not really thrilling me

Lowlife - Good, and the first couple of pages only goes to show what I've always thought was odd, that if anyone really wanted to sort out the problem it would be easy to take out the people at the top. But not sure how the whole Wally Squad thing has anything to do with it.

Chopper: WTH? Makes no sense atall, but I think it's all some big Judge conspiracy.

W. R. Logan

>Would tanks really skid uncontrollably on bars of special soap?

During my short period of driving tanks (was much better suited to the blowing things up & killing people role) the local children around our camp would love to cause multi tank pile ups by hiding behind bushes by the roadside and throwing bars of Pears or Camay under the tracks of Chieftain or Challenger tanks.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>