Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Solicitations are out for March 2019

https://2000ad.com/post/4550?fbclid=IwAR3C855Vtf3ExBoj2kV_rO_a4FdUnRD6YK17uWRk1QMD0waE6p3Npfs-KyM

How did I miss that the floppie in the Meg is starting offer translations of comics from the continent

Quote...and in the bagged mini-trade, the third in a series of translated collections reprinting the French D-Day graphic novel Operation Overlord by Michael Le Galli and Davide Fabbri!

Lovin' the way they are experimenting with the contents of the bagged comic these days!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

'Defoe heads for the stars in 'The Divisor' by Pat Mills and Stewart Moore'

Why did Arnold Schwarzenegger never make a movie called The Numerator? 

Presumably, the joint Weston/Goddard credit on Unearthed means that's another longer story, along the lines of The Small House, and we can look forward to the pleasure of Rob Williams's company in a way we haven't for a few years.

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 26 November, 2018, 06:58:56 PM
Presumably, the joint Weston/Goddard credit on Unearthed means that's another longer story, along the lines of The Small House, and we can look forward to the pleasure of Rob Williams's company in a way we haven't for a few years.

Hopefully you are right. I like my one-off Dredds but nothing beats an extended Dredd  :D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Also glad to see that The Torture Garden will be longer than six episodes.

Magnetica

Hmmmm... that's all quite spoilery...especially [spoiler]the Zhind making an appearance in Lawless [/spoiler] 😱

jabish

On the latest ECBT2000ad podcast Pat Mills is interviewed and while he's coy about who the new Slaine artist is, he does say that it's a South American artist that is well established in comics and was eager to do Slaine.

Leonardo Manco I'd say. Which would be terrific.

Maybe even in black and white...

Fungus

The prog could use some B&W, it really enhances the comic IMO. Don't have much else to say on Slaine, stopped reading the words quite a while ago  :-X

glassstanley

It seems that the latest series of Brink is the last:
(From Amazon)

"Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic space-noir from duo Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank

Quote from: glassstanley on 09 December, 2018, 03:21:58 PM
It seems that the latest series of Brink is the last (From Amazon): "Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic"

Kingdom, too.  Abnett's in demand elsewhere, I suppose:

'Dan Abnett: Yes, (Brink's) pretty much a trilogy. Book 3, "High Society" debuts soon. But the world is so rich, we've found we have strong ideas for at least three more volumes after that. We'll see how the audience reacts. It all builds into one, big ghastly picture, whichever characters are ultimately around to witness that. We'd love to continue exploring the Brink.'

Rogue Judge

Ah I'm disappointed to hear Kingdom is ending, but I read somewhere a while ago that when Abnett started the series he had a definitive ending in mind. Hopefully that's what we got.

I'd rather a good series come to a proper end instead of sitting incomplete in limbo.

broodblik

Richard

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Frank on 09 December, 2018, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: glassstanley on 09 December, 2018, 03:21:58 PM
It seems that the latest series of Brink is the last (From Amazon): "Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic"

Kingdom, too.  Abnett's in demand elsewhere, I suppose:

'Dan Abnett: Yes, (Brink's) pretty much a trilogy. Book 3, "High Society" debuts soon. But the world is so rich, we've found we have strong ideas for at least three more volumes after that. We'll see how the audience reacts. It all builds into one, big ghastly picture, whichever characters are ultimately around to witness that. We'd love to continue exploring the Brink.'

Got a link for that please?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dark Jimbo

Well yes - down in the corner of the post you just quoted!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws