Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 June, 2020, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 June, 2020, 09:11:15 PM
I'll get the second volume defo but will see if there's content in the first I don't have...

Ahem... Rebellion's experienced Reprographics team have restored all the original colour pages, which have never been reprinted before.

Ah, well I think I'll keep an eye on things.  On the plus side there is this and the possibility of a second volume.  That however has to be offset against the quality of Titan's hardback editions. 

At £14.99 I'm assuming that these are SC.  That is something I'm not too keen on.  Then again Rebellion seem to be getting more into the idea of Webshop exclusives so maybe we'll get lucky ...

broodblik

Luckily for digital it does not matter  :D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

dweezil2

Latest Judge Dredd Mega-epic, End Of Days is receiving a collection on 16th March 2021!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

broodblik

Here is a preview of the upcoming second volume of The Thirteenth Floor:

http://www.comicon.com/2020/07/20/back-to-the-thirteenth-floor-max-the-homicidal-computer-returns/

This was one of my favorites in The Eagle just brilliant
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

October solicitations are out are there's some interesting stuff.

Quote2000 AD OCT 2020 PROG PACK
AUG201542
(W) Various (A) Various
Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd deals with the aftermath of the Four Horseman as a chaotic city picks up the pieces in "Carry the Nine"; Stickleback fights for the soul of London in "New Jerusalem"; there's horror below the waves in the new supernatural series by Alec Worley and Leigh Gallagher; Nolan Blake goes on the run with a targeted pop star in Skip Tracer: "Hyperballad"; and Celtic warrior Slaine tames dragons in "The Web of Weird"!
In Shops: Nov 11, 2020
SRP: $34.99

Interesting line-up. Intrigued to see what 'New Jerusalem' is like.

QuoteJUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #425
AUG201543
(W) Various
More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The incredible line-up that began in the 30th anniversary issue continues: John Wagner and Colin MacNeil tackle the America legacy; Ken Niemand and Dave Taylor delve into corruption in high places in Dreddverse reimagining "Megatropolis"; Judge Death is revered in "Deliverance" by David Hine and Nick Percival; the Judges make their presence felt in "Dreadnoughts" by Mike Carroll and John Higgins; and The Returners are drawn to a strange house in Brit-Cit in "Heartswood" by Si Spencer and Nicolo Assirelli! Plus in the bagged mini-trade, there's more terror and strangeness from the world of Bob Byrne!
In Shops: Nov 11, 2020
SRP: $15.99

Given there's no Lawless this seems like a very strong line-up.

On top of those we have Vol. 2 of Thirteenth Floor, Dracula Files gets a fresh printing (if you count Hibernia's) and the Case Files reaches 35 and Sin City.

broodblik

IndigoPrime

Tharg's obviously a fan of Skip Tracer. I guess it needs a re-read, but I've found it pretty by-the-numbers and bland so far—certainly not the kind of strip that I'd imagined would get such regular outings.

Leigh S

Yeah, not a fan of Skip Tracer and the continued use of song/album titles really is a way to make me double down on it - It seems about as generic as you can get, with added magically powered hero magically negotiating their way through plots powered by magical macguffinery.  If it felt like that was all a route to something new or some critique of that I gues sit might be worht it, but this many series in, I'm not holding out much hope for that - more Leigh Gallgher and Pat will work for me  I'm sure!

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 July, 2020, 11:03:37 AM
Tharg's obviously a fan of Skip Tracer. I guess it needs a re-read, but I've found it pretty by-the-numbers and bland so far—certainly not the kind of strip that I'd imagined would get such regular outings.

broodblik

The boards view of a strip does not necessary translate to the general popularity of a strip. I do not have an issue with Skip but I would rather have more Brass Sun or even the return of Helium.

Dark Jimbo

The thing to bear in mind is that Tooth needs content every single week. Skip Tracer is the price Squaxx have to pay for the massive lead time in the likes of the next Stickleback outing, Manco's Slaine series and Bisley's Joe Pineapples solo.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Just saw this on the webshop "Battle (Of Britain) Special 2020 Webshop Exclusive Cover"

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCS2056

Tomwe

Which one will we get with the bundle, hm?

Colin YNWA

That's Keith Burns on cover duty right? Very strong image really interested on how it will look when 'folded'.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 July, 2020, 07:39:27 PM
That's Keith Burns on cover duty right? Very strong image really interested on how it will look when 'folded'.

Yes that is Keith Burns. Hopefully we can get a Johnny Red story as well. For any Keith Burns and Johnny Red fans you must check out the Titan mini-series written by Garth Ennis.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 29 July, 2020, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 July, 2020, 07:39:27 PM

Yes that is Keith Burns. Hopefully we can get a Johnny Red story as well. For any Keith Burns and Johnny Red fans you must check out the Titan mini-series written by Garth Ennis.

I have literally just got it out my nerd cave for a re-read sometime in the next month or so!