Main Menu

Prog 71

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 09 November, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm flogging a copy of Prog 71 (one of the Burger War ones) that is in quite good nick, but for a newsagent name.

On a non-comicy front there is some stuff you may (may!) be interested in: Rogue Leader for the Wii, a Head Crab plush from Half Life 2, Primevals 1-4, the Complete Dangermouse, Rock Band with guitars and, um, In the Night Garden.

I'm clearing space for Christmas. And my missus is getting rid of a shed-load of perfume samples she bought. Dunno why. They all smell like soap to me.

I'm also flogging a Complete Zenith. But please don't hate me. I want to buy an Xbox One.

Look! Buy! Consume!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nimeous/m.html?item=331062477549&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Lock up your spoons!

CrazyFoxMachine

Also Zenith for £600 :O

COMMANDO FORCES

Looks like £650 to me and postage of £4.50, nice.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 November, 2013, 11:41:30 PM
Looks like £650 to me and postage of £4.50, nice.

I ain't proud. I'm hoping to get enough for an Xbox One. On balance, that will give me more fun. If these things are going for £500 then I couldn't live with myself having something so valuable and not punting it.

At the end of the day, it's a book that I'd otherwise read once or twice. But I'm actually terrified to open it. It's like buying a new car and having the depreciation hit as soon as you drive out the garage - the idea that taking off the celophane would cost me a few £100s is somthing I can't get my head around.

So, on balance, I'm getting rid. Did I buy it to speculate? No. I feel more like one of those folks on Antiques Roadshow who finds that the old vase they've been sticking flowers into is actually a 15th century relic. My reaction is always the same: flog it before you break it!
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Sickening! Buy mine instead!

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 November, 2013, 09:43:37 AM
I feel more like one of those folks on Antiques Roadshow who finds that the old vase they've been sticking flowers into is actually a 15th century relic. My reaction is always the same: flog it before you break it!

... or flog it while it's still a rarity. When the inevitable £30 paperback editions come out, the scarcity component of the value of those books evapourates.