Main Menu

Alan Moore Interviewed

Started by Rex Banner, 06 June, 2006, 05:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artificial Idiot

Pfft, everyone and their mum seems to be interviewing Alan Moore at the moment... Where does he find the time to actually write anything?

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Artificial Idiot

Rex Banner

If she does get her to ask about more Halo...

Funt Solo

Cheers for that, matthewvic.

I love his response to V for Vendetta - sort of "get your own sybmol of freedom from oppression - rather than fuck around with mine."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Carlsborg Expert

I like a lot of what he has to say, so far.

Art

It does seem like he has a lot of spare time...

Art

...oh, and the interview is entirely about movies.

Quirkafleeg

He does seem to be shouting out 'I want nothing to do with these films!' rather a lot...

Rex Banner

Does anybody know how DC 'kind of tricked' him out of the rights to V & Watchmen?

longmanshort

It wasn't DC who tricked him over V, but in terms of Watchmen (and this has been discussed a lot on the recent Meg review thread) he was working for DC and they retained the copyright on the work he did for them. In the contract Moore and Lloyd signed with DC, it said the copyright would revert to the pair when the graphic novel went out of print. It hasn't.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

House of Usher

Like Artificial Idiot, upon reading the thread title 'Alan Moore Interviewed', my immediate thought was "what, again??"
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

Why shouldn't he have the time to be interviewed, he's written the best comics for the last 30 years. He can do what the fuck he wants & deserves it.

Art

...though perhaps the interviewers should find something a little more original to do with their time - or perhaps ask less boring and obvious questions. I think Alans Moores feelings about comic-book movies is ground that has been well and truly covered.