Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc warrior

When he can't win the argument, it's lights out !

JOE SOAP

He must be the most jealous man on the planet.

Darryl

Haven't they missed the point though? I was always under the impression that Peter Pan, the wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland were all about leaving early childhood behind and entering adolesence? With that in mind, doesn't Moores work on Lost girls just advance the whole thing?

They also mention Anderson and the Brothers Grimm - didn't they just take old, violent and sometimes sxual parables and make them palatable to the upper classes of the time?

Didn't get chance to post that over there - couldn't be bothered to register.

nxylas

>"Naked sex is not allowed - Dry humping and frottage are acceptable, but only if the couple( man and woman) are married."

The sad thing is, I actually looked at the Comics Code guidelines online to see if they really did say "frottage and dry humping". I'm off to check the word "gullible" in the dictionary, cos someone told me it wasn't in there.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Quirkafleeg

There was a good interview with Moore linked off that thread... He points out that Peter Pan has some dodgy sex stuff in  the original (that was cut). When I read it a while back I noticed some odd stuff too.

Funt Solo

"Did ye ever hear the legend of the seeded fruit that is often mistooken for a vegetable?... Red in colour and fleshy within, but beware o' the pips. They call it the tom-matto.  Yeeeeessssss!"

http://www.artofjohnbyrne.com/photos/images/2004-04-28_113849_SexyBeast.jpg" />
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Quirkafleeg

It's odd he can't see the irony in slagging Moore fans for supporting him no matter what he seems to say/do as that is exactly what he expects from his acolytes...

Art

Wils - that exchange is really quite stunning...

fan: "Got my copy on order. Looking forward to it more than any other comic in quite some time."

JB: "Then you are a complete asshole."

Floyd-the-k

I posted a polite little thread announcing the Moore Future Shocks collection. The thread vanished soon after appearing, so now I know the definition of 'making trouble'.
  I will not go back to that site again, fun though it is. But I will remember John Byrne when I see the Alan Moore section in my local comic shop and notice the non-existence of the John Byrne section

Funt Solo

For some reason, this appeared in my mind:

http://www.amenable.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/byrnedoom.jpg" />
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Eric Plumrose

As for Shakespeare, the Bard himself wasn't against changing the 'facts' contained in his plays just so he could cosy up to the Monarchy, iirc.

That thread was just too exhausting at times.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

DavidXBrunt

DavidXBrunt

No, Shakespeare didn't do that. Byrne says so.