Main Menu

Name that BAM!

Started by SpaceSpinner2000, 28 December, 2017, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Hi everyone! As we continue working our way through 1982, we've reached the Ace Trucking story "Too Many Bams," which features an exploration crew made up of these big headed aliens with extremely detailed faces. They're pretty clearly based on real people, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify them?

The first bam, Professor Max Challenger, is clearly artistic extraordinaire Massimo Bellardinelli this is his third or fourth cameo in Ace Trucking). I believe that Doctor Hoskins and Chumley are Alan Grant and John Wagner, the thrill's author's, respectively. Beyond that I'm not sure. Could Dave Patton be letterer Steve Potter? Any ideas on the female crew members? Help me out and get a shout out when we cover this one (it'll be episode 84) Thanks!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Trout

Definitely John and Alan, although I can be of little more help. I would add that you should look up the word bam as Scottish slang. It's short for bampot and means a nutcase of sorts.

Lobo Baggins

They are - Massimo Belardinelli, Massimo's daughter Valentina (she turns up quite a lot, keep your eyes open!), Alan Grant, I assume that's Lettering Droid Steve Potter, Massimo's wife (who quite often also appears alongside his other cameos) and John Wagner.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.