Main Menu

2000AD Digital Shop Downloads Section

Started by Dan Banks, 22 March, 2017, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Banks

Hi,

In the 2000AD Rebellion digital shop download section (https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/download), you can sort your downloads but it would be really nice if you could filter them too. Even just a simple filter like type: {Progs, Megs, Graphic Novels}, would be crazy useful. I've got about 3 years worth of progs and megs in my account so finding a graphic novel that I bought even a year ago can be a bit fiddly.

Just a suggestion :)

Apart from this I actually massively prefer this new digital portal to the old 2000AD shop, so congrats!

Cheers,
Dan

The Adventurer

I'd also like a way to toggle the whole store to Show digital pricing/digital content, as it seems to default to print.

Which means if I'm looking at a list of Progs for sale it shows 'add to basket' instead of 'purchased' since I haven't bought a print copy, only a digital one.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: Dan Banks on 22 March, 2017, 12:27:24 PM
Hi,

In the 2000AD Rebellion digital shop download section (https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/download), you can sort your downloads but it would be really nice if you could filter them too. Even just a simple filter like type: {Progs, Megs, Graphic Novels}, would be crazy useful. I've got about 3 years worth of progs and megs in my account so finding a graphic novel that I bought even a year ago can be a bit fiddly.

Just a suggestion :)

Apart from this I actually massively prefer this new digital portal to the old 2000AD shop, so congrats!

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan - sorry for the delay in getting back to you, thanks for your helpful feedback. Our next round of improvements to the 2000 AD shop will mostly centred around usability/UX improvements, so any suggestions in this area are welcome. We'll see what we can do regarding the filtering of your Downloads, so that purchases are easier to find.

BTW in the meantime, if you know the name of a digital product you've purchased, you should be able to search for it, and then you would be able to download it from the product page.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 March, 2017, 06:16:41 PM
I'd also like a way to toggle the whole store to Show digital pricing/digital content, as it seems to default to print.

Which means if I'm looking at a list of Progs for sale it shows 'add to basket' instead of 'purchased' since I haven't bought a print copy, only a digital one.

We're on that already, the idea being that you will be able to choose to display all content, or filter on just displaying digital or just print content (though things like Clothing and Merchandise will always display), though we'll still indicate when the alternate version is also available (e.g. perhaps by showing that format greyed-out) - this way it will also be quicker to add multiple different products to the basket, as you won't have to select the format each time.

Hope to have this work done in the weeks following Easter, it's a little more complicated to do than you might think, otherwise we would have done this already.

The Adventurer

Quote from: 2000ADWebDroid on 11 April, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

We're on that already, the idea being that you will be able to choose to display all content, or filter on just displaying digital or just print content (though things like Clothing and Merchandise will always display), though we'll still indicate when the alternate version is also available (e.g. perhaps by showing that format greyed-out) - this way it will also be quicker to add multiple different products to the basket, as you won't have to select the format each time.

Hope to have this work done in the weeks following Easter, it's a little more complicated to do than you might think, otherwise we would have done this already.
Thanks for the update. I look forward to switching back to the online store instead of using the Rebellion Account portal.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: The Adventurer on 12 April, 2017, 03:22:38 AM
Quote from: 2000ADWebDroid on 11 April, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

Thanks for the update. I look forward to switching back to the online store instead of using the Rebellion Account portal.

BTW we'll be removing the shop functionality (apart from subscription management) from the Rebellion Account Portal soon, as it duplicates what the 2000 AD shop can do now and it's a headache having to maintain two different code bases.

Mardroid

Hi,

I've been trying to purchase the digital prog. I'm able to add it to my basket, but when I try to access the basket, I just get a blank strip with no items. The total is there, but I can't actually buy the items.

This is the same in Chrome (both laptop and phone versions)and Microsoft Edge. As two different devices are affected, I don't think it's anything to do with my set up.

I've had issues with this for some weeks now. Usually I'm eventually able to make the purchase, but the downloads section will not appear, but now I don't even get that far.

Thanks.

Mardroid

I just tried to purchase it through the app instead, and thankfully that works just fine. It's via the main internet shop that the issues with the shopping basket occur. And obviously there is more that can be purchased there, than through the app.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mardroid on 30 June, 2017, 12:48:06 AM
I just tried to purchase it through the app instead, and thankfully that works just fine. It's via the main internet shop that the issues with the shopping basket occur. And obviously there is more that can be purchased there, than through the app.
FWIW, I have the same issue when I try to buy anything from the shop on my iPad. I can browse and add things to the basket but when try to go to checkout, the screen goes dark as if a popup is opening but I don't see anything and can't proceed.
We never really die.

Mardroid

Thanks for posting Cosh.

So that's 3 devices with 3 separate OSs with the problem:

Laptop with Windows 10
Phone with Android 6.01 installed.
iPad with IOS.

Sorry, I don't intend this to moan. I just thought a list might be helpful

I also cleared the data in Chrome to see if that would rectify things, but it didn't work.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: I, Cosh on 30 June, 2017, 10:48:59 AM
Quote from: 500 on 30 June, 2017, 09:44:19 AM
Is this shop.2000ad.com or account.rebellion.co.uk?
Definitely on shop.2000ad.com, can't remember if it's a problem on the rebellion portal.

That's odd, are you sure? The checkout on the shop.2000ad.com website seems to be working okay at the moment, though does seem to be bugged on the shop on the account.rebellion.co.uk site - on the latter site, if you click on your basket, the content should be shown in the slide out on the right, but this displays completely blank.

The current workaround is to use the main 2000 AD web shop for your digital purchases (or one of the 2000 AD mobile apps, if you use them), as this seems to be functioning correctly: https://shop.2000ad.com

I, Cosh

In my case, it's definitely from the shop, rather than the portal.

Here's how it looked when I tried to buy today's Prog. The same greyed out emptiness and I can't scroll to the side at all.

I did inadvertently find a workaround though! If I turn my iPad to landscape view, I can see the buttons which let me get to the checkout from the product page. Huzzah! Not sure if Mardroid cn turn his laptop up on its end.

We never really die.