Main Menu

Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

I'm just going to jump in here and say to LP that I am the only person I know who didn't have a bad experience with Sky as a broadband provider, and that is because even after all the horror stories I'd heard I still gave them a go and their service never once connected to the internet from my home so they couldn't actually enforce my contract when I finally got fed up and went with BT instead.  And yes, by "enforce my contract" I mean they threatened legal action to make me pay them for services they never delivered, so their customer service arguably needs a bit of work, too.

Link Prime

Noted Prof, cheers.
As an aside- I've found Three.ie infuriating and will likely get into bed with the first broadband provider who winks at me in July.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2016, 02:48:12 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 March, 2016, 02:45:39 PM
Too many good shows; not enough hours

It's not just me then?  :D

I've got four seasons of Breaking Bad and two seasons of Game of Thrones on my shelf waiting to be watched; also desperately catching up with daredevil on Netfliox and I intend to do House of cards and Orange is the New Black if I ever get the time!

Does anyone else find that as soon as you've actually GOT something on tape/disk/magical digibox and can watch it any time, you lose the urge to do so? I used to get this when I taped films off the telly - if I knew I had to watch it at a certain time, I'd do so, but once it's recorded, it could sit on the shelf for years.

IndigoPrime

We have far too many shrink-wrapped seasons of DVDs, so exactly that.

Goaty

Daredevil Season 2 just on Netflix now! Just saw first 15 mins, brutal opening! Hope this time Punisher is successful version!

Pyroxian

Quote from: Goaty on 18 March, 2016, 10:25:45 AM
Daredevil Season 2 just on Netflix now! Just saw first 15 mins, brutal opening! Hope this time Punisher is successful version!

:) Good to hear. I'm planning on grabbing a takeaway on the way home from work, and then sitting in front of my TV and not moving for the rest of the night :)

DaveGYNWA

Just 3 episodes in but already I'm grinning like a cheshire cat - Punisher = nailed, and a fight sequence to rival the hallway sequence from season 1.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Tiplodocus

Just seen the first episode and I liked the way it contrasted DDs style in taking down the bad guys with the Punisher's methods.

Wasn't so keen on how Punisher lost the ability to shoot straight in the hospital.

I'll 'fess up. I know nothing about Punisher except his name and basic premise - no idea what sort of character he is.  But I like Bernthal in what I've seen; the "sweaty menace" he exuded in Walking Dead was superb (thanks to whichever Board member coined that term) and his neanderthal turn in FURY.  Hopefully he works for  this role.

But fuck it, that Foggy guy is still in it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

I've been watching this over weekend and am at ep 10. They've pretty much nailed The Punisher though I still think he could be nastier. Gotta say I'm enjoying this a lot.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Satanist on 21 March, 2016, 01:55:36 PM
They've pretty much nailed The Punisher though I still think he could be nastier.

You'll be wanting episode 11 in that case....oooffff.

Satanist

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 21 March, 2016, 02:45:42 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 21 March, 2016, 01:55:36 PM
They've pretty much nailed The Punisher though I still think he could be nastier.

You'll be wanting episode 11 in that case....oooffff.

I cant watch it tonight as Mrs is out (or could I) hmm :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

Episode 3 - So a pretty awesome rooftop dialogue between Daredevil and Punished followed by a stupidly good hall way and stair well fight is ruined by some dull as dishwater stuff with Foggy in a hospital. It really dragged you out of the rooftop drama.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

DaveGYNWA

All done - loved it, absolutely loved it...didn't have the 'drag' that occurred with season 1 as it approached the finale, it just kept going and going.

Anyone who is still to watch it....stick around for the little trailer snippet after the end credits.

Hawkmumbler

Still haven't seen Season 1 (though I have seen Jessica Jones) so need to marathon it soon enough.

Radbacker

i got stuck about episode 8 or 9 first season, I was enjoying it but life got n the way looks like I'm gonna have to find time this long eater weekend to binge.

CU Radbacker