Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

The Legendary Shark

I'll be having words with that bloody Batman...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 May, 2017, 12:34:08 PM
I was just having a lunchtime forty winks when a robin flew into my cabin, crapped on my Mega Collection then flew out again. Little swine.

Bad news.  Which volume was it?

Tony Angelino

Quote from: sheridan on 19 May, 2017, 09:57:44 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 May, 2017, 12:34:08 PM
I was just having a lunchtime forty winks when a robin flew into my cabin, crapped on my Mega Collection then flew out again. Little swine.

Bad news.  Which volume was it?

If there is any justice it will be the one with Sleeze N Ryder in it.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

My flatmate is sick, which means sooner or later I'm getting it too. So I'm making the most of what time I have left by stocking up the kitchen with junk food, orange juice (proper stuff) and pills/tablets/etc.

Good thing is that I got Alan Moore's Jerusalem out of the library so that will keep me busy. On the downside I'm a student so no one else is going to do my work for me while I'm sick.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I run a Facebook page for a friend of mine. Went to log in today and "due to suspicious activity" they want me to type in a code sent to a cellphone number that I no longer have.

And there is no other way to log in. Reset your account. We have sent a code to your phone. Which you no longer have.

Want to talk to a real person from Facebook? Good luck. This is why I don't have a personal Facebook page. S**t eating w***stains they are.

hippynumber1

Second round of redundancies in two years at the college where I work and they want to lose another two and a half posts from my department. We bought a house eight weeks (or so) ago. It looks like they're working on cutting A Levels completely - Geography, Economics, Religious Studies, History are being cut as is either English Language or English Lang/Lit combined. They are offering a volutary severance package but I don't know if I should go for it and risk losing the house if I can't get a new job or brave it out and risk losing the house and a payout if I get made redundant.

von Boom

That is a dilemma hippy. Whatever happens, I hope it turns out for the best for you.

Some local punk kids have a drone and have been trespassing on my airspace. We will see how this modern technology fares against my low tech solution of a hunting slingshot, shotgun style.

sheridan

Quote from: Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK on 10 June, 2017, 03:52:47 PM
Some local punk kids have a drone and have been trespassing on my airspace. We will see how this modern technology fares against my low tech solution of a hunting slingshot, shotgun style.

XKCD, just the other day:

Tjm86

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 August, 2009, 03:31:54 PM
I've eaten something that has slightly upset my stomach, giving me tremendously bad wind. And tonight is "date night". Married squaxx will understand my mild annoyance.

Steev

Trick is to blame the dog.

Tjm86

Sorry, somehow clicked on page 1 of the thread and thought it was the most recent post.  Never been good at reading dates. 

Smith

If that date went well,by now their kid should be starting school. :p

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 June, 2017, 11:40:18 AM
They are offering a volutary severance package but I don't know if I should go for it and risk losing the house if I can't get a new job or brave it out and risk losing the house and a payout if I get made redundant.

Shite situation, Hip.
Hope it works out for you.