Main Menu

No October Art Comp?

Started by Paul Moore, 10 October, 2017, 07:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I'd also point out the writing comp as well to folk. It's just as valid as the art comp, IMO, and take as much work to run too.

I love this place- it really is the only 'forum' I use and I'm here most days...

pictsy

I just popped on to see if there was any news on the comp and found it rather sad that there is a feeling of a lack of interesting for both comp and forum in general.

I've been away for a long while and have missed participating in the comp.  It's something I hope to participate in again in the future.  Really look forward to seeing how the new look comp turns out.

Also, on the subject of social media platforms, this forum ranks as one of the most pleasant I've experienced in my 20 years of internetting.  Sure I've had arguments in the past here, but I'd say they were civil disagreements.  Never seen any bullying, but I have been away for a long while.

Link Prime

Good to have you back on the forum Pictsy, would love to see more of your stuff in future art comps.

pictsy

Thanks Link Prime.  I hope I'll be ready to enter something when the comp returns.  Currently working on improving my skills as an artist and all I've been sharing online lately are portrait pieces from photo references.

CrazyFoxMachine

Can I, for one, recommend Pictsy's amazing speedpaint vids on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt29YnoVIrzyXWKmgofQfew

Pretty swanky!

In terms of comp returnal keep yer eyes peeled, things are afoot!

Andy Lambert

Stunning work from pictsy... mesmerising, watching the faces take form. I do wish i could draw digitally....

pictsy

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 December, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Can I, for one, recommend Pictsy's amazing speedpaint vids on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt29YnoVIrzyXWKmgofQfew

Pretty swanky!

Thanks, CFM :D  I decided to clean out some of my videos when I returned to doing this as I wasn't happy with the final outcomes, but left the Art Comp ones there :)

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 07 December, 2017, 07:04:40 PM
Stunning work from pictsy... mesmerising, watching the faces take form. I do wish i could draw digitally....

Thanks, Andy.  I think the hardest thing about digital art is finding what works for you.  There are so many programs and approaches.  I used the books 'Digital Character Design and Painting The Photoshop CS Edition' by Don Seegmiller and 'Digital Art Masters Volume 1' by various to get to grips with digital painting.  In this day and age, however, I reckon there's loads of great free stuff out there. :)

mightybren

I actually learned something from watching your speed paint videos pictsy :) awesome work and very inspiring!

Digital Painting is something I'm still getting to grips with slowly... if you have some spare groats I recommend the ctrlPaint website by Matt Kohr (although the free lessons are worthwhile too)
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/

pictsy

Quote from: mightybren on 18 December, 2017, 11:40:56 AM
I actually learned something from watching your speed paint videos pictsy :) awesome work and very inspiring!

Thank you :)  I'm happy you got something useful from them.

james newell

CrazyFoxMachine

james newell

maryanddavid

mightybren

@James Newell that's brilliant! I love your style :)

Tjm86

Quality stuff but just a minor point; is this a bad time to point out that it's January now?